Author Topic: God's relation to time and us.  (Read 492 times)

Thebluewizard

• View Profile
God's relation to time and us.
« on: March 10, 2017, 09:47:47 AM »
I have been thinking of this for a while and I am not sure where to start. So I just give my thoughts correct away as you see fit.

God the father exists out side of time and for him the B theory of time is his experience. Jesus the Son experiences an A theory of time. That when God created time a part of him entered it in the form of the Son. That the Holy spirit binds them and us together.

What have I missed? Is this illogical?

Bjorn Aagen

• View Profile
Re: God's relation to time and us.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 09:04:43 AM »

You could take from the understanding for example that ; this can be demostrated even as mere humans having "souls and spirits that is NOT influenced in anyway by time in the physical universe unlike the physical attributes of our material existence.

Thebluewizard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 07:10:47 PM »
So If I understand you, you are suggesting that it is the nature of spirit to be timeless?

Bjorn Aagen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 09:44:32 AM »
So If I understand you, you are suggesting that it is the nature of spirit to be timeless?

This is my understanding for spirit in terms of non physical -  not being effected by time as aging organic beings. Regarding forever timeless for human spirits I can't be sure to be honest regarding the nature (not in the biblical sense)if human spirits were to roam about.

Being timeless for God.. as you previously mentioned - outside time and space .. the afterlife for humans with God is forever.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 10:36:45 AM by Bjorn Aagen »

Thebluewizard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 07:49:30 PM »
I suppose that is the way I look at it.
The idea of an infinite past seems so strange, but the infinite future seem reasonable. I think if our mental states are sequential then it seems to me reasonable that our minds are temporally bound(I view mind and spirit as the same thing I may be wrong of course.) Though I think if we are going to have new bodies then it may be that we are truly hybrids and that may be the only way we will experience things, in a temporal order. I'm just trying to make sense of the idea of God being unchanging and Christ not knowing the timing of things when he says only the Father knows. It seems to me any being who was outside time would have access to this information. Perhaps he could not carry it though into human form. However then the angels who are spirit would have access to that as well. So why is it only the father who knows the timing?

Bjorn Aagen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 01:46:29 PM »

Yes it is a mind bogling trying to percieve and compare to something not usual to our understanding and experience of life.
My layman's simplistic understanding of the very least is; God is the "ultimate entity" of all things made by his hand. Angels don't have that power which would include knowing.