Author Topic: Is (a) God the creator of time and space?  (Read 845 times)

HaWeHa

• View Profile
Is (a) God the creator of time and space?
« on: October 09, 2016, 03:03:37 AM »
According to:
"All that we (1) DO know of, although (2) it is for itself non-physical (does no HAVE volume, mass, energy) is a human idea in other words a description=non physical tool, being momentarily fabricated in the brain -
not only the laws of physics are mere human ideas (which William Lane Craig already confirmed) -
but also, and at the ground of these laws, "space" and "time" are just human inventions.
If so, this will also make the questions pointless:
"When did time start"
"Where does space end"

UnreasonableFaith

• View Profile
Re: Is (a) God the creator of time and space?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 06:40:22 AM »
No.

God couldn't invent time because time is necessary to do anything. Without time god would be frozen still for eternity incapable of doing anything. I think I can somehow imagine, although I'm not sure whether this depiction makses sense, that god could be frozen still on a precise thought necessary to create universe, god could have a thought depicting universe from its beginning to infinite future. This is the only scenario in which god can do anything. It has two problems, for one thing such god is no different than inanimate pattern, and you don't need disembodied mind for that purpose, you just need laws of physics. Second of all it necessarily means universe is eternal so there is no need for god in the first place.

God couldn't invent space because space is necessary to exist. Without space god is reduced to point which is no different than abstract object we use in mathematics. If god is spaceless it necessarily means he is "lesser" than our universe which is higher dimensional object.

I don't even know why WL Craig insists on spaceless and timeless god. Wouldn't it be more natural to claim god is infinitely dimensional? It sounds and indeed is more splendid property. I guess he only needs it for KCA, which is nonsense for reasons presented above.
You see a grammar or spelling error in my post? Feel free to point it out, I'm still learning.

Bjorn Aagen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 08:09:29 AM »
Time and space is really only applicable with "physical matter" if you think about it. Therefore the perception of space and in particular ...  time ; would be to observe changes within the environment - the physical processes that one happens to be located in.  God would therefore be the creator of time & pace because beyond the physical universe , there is no shelf-life so to speak.

lucious

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 04:03:47 AM »
Why is time necessary to act? That's only if the actor needs the time to sufficiently bring about the causal conditions for the action.