Author Topic: Is the debate available to watch?  (Read 2338 times)

joppe

• I am a protestant
    • View Profile
Is the debate available to watch?
« on: February 26, 2014, 01:06:16 PM »
I'd like to see it, I couldn't watch it when they streamed it so it would be nice to see it. Is it uploaded somewhere or will it be uploaded (and when)?
Saying you 'merely lack belief' in God while arguing for naturalism is the same as saying you 'don't have a political opinion' while praising a political party.

Blake1960

Re: Is the debate available to watch?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 02:06:07 AM »
Been wondering the same.  It's supposed to be available within a few days according to the Greer-Herd folks. 

joppe

• I am a protestant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 07:19:30 AM »
okay. If someone finds the video before me, please post the link here.
Saying you 'merely lack belief' in God while arguing for naturalism is the same as saying you 'don't have a political opinion' while praising a political party.

Stephen

• View Profile

joppe

• I am a protestant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 01:42:37 AM »
Thank you, Stephen!!!

Blake1960

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 07:33:23 PM »
Outstanding debate.  Would be great to see them drill down on the issue of a self-contained model and whether or not it really precludes the need for causation.  Seems they were set in their views and talking past each other on that.

Personally, I don't see how a self-contained math model does anything to address causation. 

As usual it all boils down to the same core choice:

Mind from matter . . .  or . . .  matter from mind.

One makes sense.  The other none.  To me anyway.