Author Topic: Back again  (Read 278 times)

holtzclawbrian

• Smite me, O Mighty Smiter
    • View Profile
Back again
« on: March 17, 2017, 11:00:29 AM »
It has been a long time since I've been on this site. So long in fact, that I forgot my password and created a new account with the user name BrianHoltzclaw (haven't improved on my creative username skills) then I remembered my password for this account. So if the MODs want to lock or get rid of the new account I created, I think that would be fantastically wonderful. So what all did I miss on my almost 2 year hiatus?
Truth that is not undergirded by love makes the truth obnoxious and the possessor of it repulsive.
-Ravi Zacharias

Harvey

• View Profile
Re: Back again
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 11:45:34 AM »
It has been a long time since I've been on this site. So long in fact, that I forgot my password and created a new account with the user name BrianHoltzclaw (haven't improved on my creative username skills) then I remembered my password for this account. So if the MODs want to lock or get rid of the new account I created, I think that would be fantastically wonderful. So what all did I miss on my almost 2 year hiatus?

Many of the atheists converted over to Christianity, then became atheists again, and entirely forgot about their conversion. Amazing how that happens.

alex1212

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 04:42:19 PM »
Welcome back. I've only been here since last year, so it's nice to meet you. I'm sure some other people here will recognize you

Pragmatic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 11:43:15 AM »

Many of the atheists converted over to Christianity, then became atheists again, and entirely forgot about their conversion. Amazing how that happens.

I've been here for over 2 years and this is patently false.
Religion was born when the first con man met the first fool.

Trinity

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 11:52:11 AM »
I've been here for 5 years and I think Harvey was joking.

Welcome back.
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. - Psalm 19:1

Harvey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 11:59:04 AM »

Ya think?

Skeptic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 01:45:26 PM »

Ya think?

Pragmatic just proved Harvey's point. Pragmatic doesn't remember being a Christian so he claims that what Harvey said to be "patently false."

Harvey being a good guy and knowing that Pragmatic won't really remember, just plays along with Pragmatic that he was just kidding.

[/sarcasm]

Trinity

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 01:51:30 PM »
''I've been here for over 2 years and this is patently false.''

It's patently false, but pragmatically true.
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. - Psalm 19:1

Harvey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 02:03:05 PM »
'I've been here for over 2 years and this is patently false.''
It's patently false, but pragmatically true.

Or, maybe he was saying that the statement that he has been here for over 2 years is patently false..? "and this" refers to what he just said.

Trinity

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 02:15:52 PM »
Or maybe he didn't entirely forget about his conversion, so ''and this'' refers to your statement that atheists entirely forgot about their conversion.

Harvey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 03:12:03 PM »
Or maybe he didn't entirely forget about his conversion, so ''and this'' refers to your statement that atheists entirely forgot about their conversion.

That's plausible for some possible world.