Declan Tan

• 450 Posts
    • View Profile
How many of you use this forum with smartphones?
« on: January 25, 2011, 11:42:17 pm »
Just doing a brief survey.
As I notice that most of the prominent posters here seem to post from BB's or iPhone's.

Isn't it hard posting such long posts with the iPhone?

Brandon Kirby

• 473 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 11:31:43 am »
I often use the forum with an ipad. It's difficult to scroll, and I can't spell check, so it's not ideal.

wonderer

• 16196 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 11:50:47 am »
I'm surprised myself at how proficient I've become at using the tiny keypad on my BB, considering the fact that from the tip of my thumb to the first knuckle can cover 70% of the keys at once.  I've written some of my longest posts on it.  

It is certainly much less efficient than using a computer however, particularly if I want to embed links and

post excerpts from them.  I've developed tricks for getting around the limitations in many ways.  However, I do often find myself saying less, or not bothering with a response at all, when I'm stuck with the BB.
"The world needed that of us, to maintain—by our example, by our very existence—a world that would keep learning and questioning, that would remain free in thought, inquiry, and word." - Alice Dreger

Maxeo

• 2957 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 11:57:32 pm »
I have an Eris and I've used it a couple times.  I don't check the forum as much anymore so I've only posted from my computer. (Mac wins overall)
"Truth will rise to the top through a free and
open exchange in the marketplace of ideas." -John Milton
http://sententias.org
http://twitter.com/maxeoa

Timothy Campen

• 3145 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 03:03:04 am »

iphone contributor here much of the time.  I'm forced to provide shorter responses, but that may be a good thing. The hardest part is working with quotes from other posts, especially multiple posts.

I raise a pint to WLC and all of you, even if I often disagree.  For I am convinced thoughtful people can disagree without being disagreeable.

John Quin

• 985 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 03:06:50 am »
iphone, it's a bit of a struggle at times however
--
What abiogenesis needs is a form of life so simple that even Stanley Miller could create it.

Declan Tan

• 450 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 06:52:45 am »
I'm just amazed at how many iPhone users can post so much here!

I can't even type a short message with my iPod touch 4th Gen without any errors.

BB's are nice though, though I can imagine the amount of typing needed...