Archived

Craig vs Krauss

Read 10044 times

John Leonard

• 628 Posts
    • View Profile
Results of the Votes
« on: April 12, 2011, 03:55:11 pm »
NCSU just updated the debate site with the result of the vote: http://www.thegreatdebatencsu.com/

But here it is:

•516 cards turned in
286 Dr. Craig made the clearer/better presentation
•130 Dr. Krauss made the clearer/better presentation
•100 stated it was a draw
http://drcraigvideos.blogspot.com

Ian Smithers

• 509 Posts
    • View Profile
Results of the Votes
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 03:29:51 am »
drcraigvideos wrote: NCSU just updated the debate site with the result of the vote: http://www.thegreatdebatencsu.com/

But here it is:

•516 cards turned in

Well that totally doesn't count since it was held on a Chrsitian campus blah blah etc.

Alexander

• 1308 Posts
    • View Profile
Results of the Votes
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 09:12:10 pm »
Digitalos wrote:

Well that totally doesn't count since it was held on a Chrsitian campus blah blah etc.

It would be interesting to see where people stood before the debate took place.

Ian Smithers

• 509 Posts
    • View Profile
Results of the Votes
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 09:15:07 pm »
Alexander wrote:
Quote from: Digitalos

It would be interesting to see where people stood before the debate took place.
Yeah totally. I was just saying that as it's what the non-theists will say. I could hear them already.

Fred

• 6445 Posts
    • View Profile
Results of the Votes
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 07:38:20 am »
I expect the voters are voting their convictions, not objectively examining the presentations.  I'd have voted for Craig providing the clearer presentation, even though I don't agree with him on many points. I wish the ballots asked for the voter's a priori position (Christian/theist/atheist).
Fred

Results of the Votes
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 07:39:02 pm »

NC State a "Christian Campus"?  As a Clemson fan, my sides are splitting .

Results of the Votes
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 12:41:52 am »

fredonly wrote: I expect the voters are voting their convictions, not objectively examining the presentations.  I'd have voted for Craig providing the clearer presentation, even though I don't agree with him on many points. I wish the ballots asked for the voter's a priori position (Christian/theist/atheist).

I agree.  The poll would have a lot more merit if we knew these things.  Craig was very polished and Dr. Krauss looked sometimes like he was in a rush.  Of course that has no bearing on the validity of one's arguments, it just means that as a teacher, Dr. Craig has that thing that all good teachers have, which is the ability to present things in a clear manner..

Jack

• 647 Posts
    • View Profile
Results of the Votes
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 07:05:31 pm »
I watched the debate recently and I would have to say that Krauss' speeches were a lot more difficult to understand, but then he was talking about quantum mechanics! Craig's arguments were very familiar and quite simple in contrast, so it was clearer what points he was making. However I think his simplistic view looked a bit unsophisticated next to Krauss.

However, I think that it was clear by at least one standard of evidence (i.e. Craig's) that its possible to say there is at least some evidence for God. For that reason, you could say Krauss lost the debate because he didn't show there was no evidence. Krauss did try to show that by his standard of evidence, which is a lot more scientific than Craig's, that Craig's "evidence" doesn't count. So I can see how many people who would agree more with that definition of evidence would say Krauss won the debate.

James Arlington

• 171 Posts
    • View Profile
Results of the Votes
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2011, 10:54:31 am »
Digitalos wrote:
Quote from: drcraigvideos
NCSU just updated the debate site with the result of the vote: http://www.thegreatdebatencsu.com/

But here it is:

•516 cards turned in

I received my degree from NCSU. It is NOT a Christian campus. Not by a long shot.