Archived

Christian Particularism

Read 27760 times

Nicholas Olsen

• 282 Posts
    • View Profile
Are you saved or not?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2012, 03:03:54 am »
I've basically cut ties with him. My last response to his comments are still unanswered and he still thinks God somehow doesn't let Christians believe false doctrines. Whether it be something like YEC/OEC or Calvinism/molinism/Arminanism as if a true Christian must eventually believe 1 of those beliefs and if it's the wrong one. You're not a Christian.

I know he believes this.
1.) Young Earth
2.) Noah's flood is global
3.) A hybrid calvinism because he affirms free-will. (blargh i got confused)
4.) Audible/visible transmission of the Gospel message is the sole/only way for people to possibly be saved.
5.) He thinks tongues is about actual human language, not some divine gibberish that people get.

This is all i know for sure, but i know he loves AnswersInGenesis, IllBeHonest, Paul Washer, Charles Spurgeon, Charles Leiter, John Piper, John Macarthur and Wretched. Like he really really looks up to these guys, so it wouldn't surprise me to see that agrees with everything these guys say especially Piper, Washer and AiG. The few times i've tried to explain the hebrew langauge, phenomenological terms, and an Ancient Near Eastern understanding of the world. He seems to think that I hold the bible is in error or I'm outright wrong on interpretation.

It's getting a little freaky, because i haven't talked to this guy in about a month now. I know he doesn't go to my church regularly and 1 day he did come specifically to talk to me, but for some unknown reason he didn't bother searching me out. About a week ago i saw him at the college aged service. He has my cell and if he wants to talk, then he can call/txt or message me over facebook. It's perplexing the heebie jeebies out of me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyb7SQefYMA