John Leonard

• 628 Posts
    • View Profile
John Leonard Says Goodbye to drcraigvideos
« on: February 24, 2012, 07:18:54 pm »
Dear viewers,  

Well, it's time to say goodbye to my  baby: youtube channel "drcraigvideos". Actually, I adopted this baby  from William Lane Craig's website reasonablefaith.org (since I've been  using all their material), and, well, my baby has matured to over 800  videos and over 10 thousand subscribers and over 4 million views. drcraigvideos has grown and now it's time to have it return home: reasonablefaith.org. If there's anybody who deserves it, it's the staff  at reasonablefaith.org. They will be taking over the channel. They have  been very supportive of me while I was running drcraigvideos and I will  not forget their generosity. Thank you, Randall, for your understanding  and your prayers. I'm truly thankful that you're my brother in Christ.  In our conversations, I'm glad we saw eye-to-eye on many issues.

I need to retire from this channel  because I have to focus more on my personal life. Since I started  drcraigvideos, I never thought it would grow like this. William Lane  Craig's teachings have had a profound impact on my life and thinking.  I'm sure by all the videos I put out you can see how. However, through  all of this, it has left me exhausted and stressed (not to mention I had  two jobs). It's not easy editing videos and constantly overlooking a  youtube channel. It got so overwhelming I was thinking about giving my  channel to someone else. I had this in mind for nearly a year now. And I  think it's the right thing to do.  

What started me on drcraigvideos was  when I saw William Lane Craig's debate with Frank Zindler (a mondern-day  classic!). I noticed there were many points Craig made that I can edit  down to short videos. When I discovered more videos of Craig I made more  short-clips. But clips that answered many questions and refutations of  Christianity. I know a lot of people are hungry out there for answers,  so I hope the videos helped point Christians (and atheists) in the right  direction. But Craig has the gift of giving such precise and articulate  answers that it drives the point home! A lot of apologists out there  just can't compare to someone of Craig's stature.  His scholarship is  recognized and respected from all manners of background (from the  Christian, Jew, Muslim, atheist, etc.).  His books are incredibly  sophisticated and helpful.  He wins debates against atheists over and  over and over again. And, boy, do people love Craig's debates!  His debates are so well known I would say his ministry is  popular because of it. Not only that, many atheists who do nothing more  than stereotype and generalize Christians aren't aware that someone like  Craig is out there. It blows them away how incredibly knowledgeable and  philosophical he is. Craig is truly a philosopher's philosopher  (there's just no way you can study the Kalam Cosmological argument  without knowing who Craig is); and a master at debate.  

Anyway, I am proud and happy with my  time with youtube.com/drcraigvideos. I had fun finding answers that  Craig made to questions people had. I had fun putting up refutations  Craig had to the embarrassingly bad thinking New Atheists (especially to  you, Richard Dawkins-poo. Just remember, the subtitle to Charles  Darwin's Origins of Species is "by Means of Natural Selection or The  Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life." It's important  to know your sources exhaustively as a scientist and expert in  evolution, you know) to the scholarly thinking skeptic. And I had fun  responding and crushing the incredibly narcissistic and shallow  thinking atheists.  

To the youtube atheists: I'd like to  thank some of the youtube atheists who were actually challenging and  cordial in their comments and responses to William Lane Craig. I know  that only makes about 0.01% of you, but, hey, at least you've proven to  me you're not as shallow as the 99.99% of youtube atheists. To the  99.99% of the youtube atheists and haters, Wow, you guys make it so easy  for Christians! I had fun eating you guys for breakfast. I only wished  you guys gave a better challenge without the lies, dishonesty,  misunderstandings, shallowness, trollishness, underestimations, lack of  self-control, and unsophistication.  I know you think you can get  away with putting out a deliberate lie and repeating it a thousand  times, but, trust me, rational people see through that.  You have  to look yourselves in the mirror.  You make Lady Gaga look normal.  Do the  intellects and smart people a favor, think before writing (or making a  video). And when you watch a video with William Lane Craig in it, do so  without plugging your ears. That helps.   Some of you people have a serious case of A. D. D.

To my youtube Christian brothers and  sisters: Thank you so much for looking out for me and my channel. You  guys gave me more than I can ask for. I am so proud that I have friends  like you. I wish we can have a party at my house so we can eat Vic  Stenger's "greatest possible" pizza together. Or, perhaps we can  toilet-paper the British Humanist Association using Dawkins' The God  Delusion as toilet paper. Or, maybe we can have a contest to see who can  best hold in their laughter after watching youtube atheist videos  critiquing William Lane Craig and the Kalam Cosmological Argument.  But  thank you for all the help. You guys help make it happen (especially,  you, Birdieupon).  

And, finally, William Lane Craig:  Sir, I consider myself so lucky to have a friend like you. I cannot  believe how incredibly generous and kind you are. Sometimes, I am  intimidated by your scholarly background, but that all goes away when we  dialogue like casual people (and you're definitely more approachable  since you don't have the beard!). Your teachings are so important, I  believe it will stand the test of time. Thank you for being such a great  example of integrity, dignity, intellect, scholarship, leadership,  friendship, and Christian living.  I thank God because of you.

Thanks again, everybody, and may God bless you all!  

John Leonard
http://drcraigvideos.blogspot.com

Johan Biemans (jbiemans)

• 12686 Posts
  • WCBP - http://tinyurl.com/agmwhpj
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 07:31:01 pm »
Interesting message, if its true, then good luck in the future. I think that some of the more skeptical here though, might need some comfirmation from someone on staff as RF?

John Leonard

• 628 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 08:21:11 pm »
antybu86 wrote: This is hilarious. I wish I could tell everybody here the truth of the matter... some day, perhaps. Have a good life, "John."

Oh, Andrew Burke-poo. Can't we all just get along? I will especially miss your excessive PMs that accuse me of being every single person on the planet. Or how about the PMs about me needing to see a shrink.  Or the PMs about how I should start seeking a lawyer (did you get that line from my favorite pet Phil Mason thunderf00t? - you know, youtube even told him that he needs a life).  Or the PMs that... well, you get the point. I've been trying to avoid you like a flea but you have this great need to stalk me.  But, look, lying doesn't help you. You of all people ought to know that. Besides, I still have a youtube channel: rfvidz. I'm just trying to help, Andy.

antybu86

• 193 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 08:36:28 pm »
drcraigvideos wrote:
Quote from: antybu86
This is hilarious. I wish I could tell everybody here the truth of the matter... some day, perhaps. Have a good life, "John."

Oh, Andrew Burke-poo. Can't we all just get along? I will especially miss your excessive PMs that accuse me of being every single person on the planet. Or how about the PMs about me needing to see a shrink.  Or the PMs about how I should start seeking a lawyer (did you get that line from my favorite pet Phil Mason thunderf00t? - you know, youtube even told him that he needs a life).  Or the PMs that... well, you get the point. I've been trying to avoid you like a flea but you have this great need to stalk me.  But, look, lying doesn't help you. You of all people ought to know that. Besides, I still have a youtube channel: rfvidz. I'm just trying to help, Andy.

I know you want to save face publicly, but you may want to think a little bit before heading down this road. Now, I've privately asked you to do something. Please do it, and you'll hear no more grief from me about this matter.

idunno

• 3897 Posts
  • When He was a man, He played the man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 09:29:59 pm »
GreatPumpkin wrote: Is there a chance that wlc himself asked him to stop?

Have you noticed our newest member?
“...these things- the beauty, the memory of our past- …are not the thing itself; they are only the scent of a flower we have not found, the echo of a tune we have not heard, news from a country we have never visited.”
- Clive

skunker

• 1752 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 09:31:48 pm »
Why do I sense there's more to the story than what is written here?

Pierreyves Gl

• 90 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 09:46:55 pm »
drcraigvideos wrote:
Anyway, I am proud and happy with my time with youtube.com/drcraigvideos. I had fun finding answers that Craig made to questions people had. I had fun putting up refutations Craig had to the embarrassingly bad thinking New Atheists (especially to you, Richard Dawkins-poo. Just remember, the subtitle to Charles Darwin's Origins of Species is "by Means of Natural Selection or The Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life." It's important to know your sources exhaustively as a scientist and expert in evolution, you know) to the scholarly thinking skeptic. And I had fun responding and crushing the incredibly narcissistic and shallow thinking atheists.

To the  99.99% of the youtube atheists and haters, Wow, you guys make it so easy  for Christians! I had fun eating you guys for breakfast. I only wished  you guys gave a better challenge without the lies, dishonesty,  misunderstandings, shallowness, trollishness, underestimations, lack of  self-control, and unsophistication.  I know you think you can get  away with putting out a deliberate lie and repeating it a thousand  times, but, trust me, rational people see through that.  You have  to look yourselves in the mirror.  You make Lady Gaga look normal.  Do the  intellects and smart people a favor, think before writing (or making a  video). And when you watch a video with William Lane Craig in it, do so  without plugging your ears. That helps.   Some of you people have a serious case of A. D. D.

Jesus would probably be impressed by the empathy and good spirit with which you talk to the lost sheep, mr. Leonard.

Jared Baker

• 726 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 09:51:05 pm »
So, you will continue to post videos on your rfvidz channel? Why would that interfere with your personal life less than drcraigvideos?

"I begin with the principle that all men are bores. Surely no one will prove himself so great a bore as to contradict me in this." - Søren Kierkegaard
"As soon as man began considering himself the source of the highest meaning in the world and the measure of everything, the world began to lose its

Great Pumpkin

• 1089 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 09:55:22 pm »
idunno wrote:
Quote from: GreatPumpkin
Is there a chance that wlc himself asked him to stop?

Have you noticed our newest member?

Yes, it was quite flattering and funny!
God is not the Father. At least, he's not apparent to me.

innerbling

• 1940 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 10:08:28 pm »
Thank you for the vids. Take care and God bless.

Aaron Massey

• 5499 Posts
  • absit iniuria verbis
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 10:42:58 pm »
Sad to hear, hope the RF staff can continue the job as well as you have.

Thanks.
Proverbs 8:30 "then I was beside him, like a master workman, and I was daily his delight, rejoicing before him always, rejoicing in his inhabited world and delighting in the children of man."

John Leonard

• 628 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2012, 01:01:33 am »
philnov wrote: p.s. given the recent campaign thunderf00t started about John Leonard's false DMCA-ing, I'm willing to bet that it's more than possible that WLC personally asked John Leonard to retire.

Uh-oh, you got me there! Yup, Dr. Craig sent me a message and it went like this, "Flying Spaghetti Monsters! John, why did you DMCA a video from a nincompoop named thunderf00t who argued against deductive logic and made the dishonest claim that I never dealt with Dawkins' arguments in The God Delusion before? All he did was take footage of me without permission and made a video of it where he deliberately lied about me. That's illegal, by jove! I've had enough! I want you off of drcraigvideos now!"

Anyway...

In all seriousness, it's a bad time for me to leave drcraigvideos now, because thanks to thunderf00t I got over a hundred new subscribers. That should motivate me to stay! But, my personal life is important, philnov. Really, it is.

I guess the rumors are unending about my leaving. But, last I saw, Dr. Craig personally sent me a message thanking me for youtube.com/drcraigvideos.

John Leonard

• 628 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2012, 01:03:19 am »
Noraaron wrote: Sad to hear, hope the RF staff can continue the job as well as you have.

Thanks.

Thank you, Noraaron. I appreciate that. I've talked with Randall a few times. He'll do great. He's in a position where he can get even more videos of Dr. Craig. How about that?!

John Quin

• 985 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2012, 06:08:14 am »

I was wondering what was going to happen on this front.

It seems all for the best

--
What abiogenesis needs is a form of life so simple that even Stanley Miller could create it.

Great Pumpkin

• 1089 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2012, 10:52:01 am »
Ive never seen someone more proud of misreprenting positions as Leonard.  He's the Karl Rove of apologetics, but without the mental capacity, just the sliminess.
God is not the Father. At least, he's not apparent to me.