Archived

Christian Particularism

Read 10999 times

Nicholas Olsen

• 282 Posts
    • View Profile
Biologos & SBC
« on: March 02, 2012, 12:01:12 am »
Biologos is now in dialogue with the Southern Baptist church icons. Biologos will be answering questions the SBC has with theistic evolution.

• Dr. John D. Laing, Associate Professor of Theology and Philosophy, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary will write on “Evolution and Death.”
  • Dr. Bruce Little, Professor of Philosophy and Director of the L. Russ Bush Center for Faith and Culture, Southeastern Baptist Seminary will write on “Evolution and Essentialism.”
  • Dr. John Hammet, Professor of Systematic Theology and Associate Dean, Theological Studies, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary will write on “Evolutionary Creationism and the Imago Dei.”
  • Dr. Steve Lemke, Provost, and Professor of Philosophy and Ethics, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, will write on "Evolution and the Problem of Evil."
  • Dr William Dembski, Research Professor of Philosophy and Director of the Richard Land Center for Cultural Engagement, Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary will write on “Is Darwinism Theologically Neutral.” (BioLogos does not subscribe to Darwinism, but Dr. Dembski has chosen this title and we will respond to it.)
  • Dr. James K Dew, Assistant Professor of the History of Ideas and Philosophy, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary will write on “Teleological Arguments, Theistic Evolution, and Intelligent Design.”
Kenneth Keathley is the 1st on the SBC side to ask questions, so far the Biologos response to the the 1st 3 questions seem so broad and topical that i don't think it really gets at the heart of what he's asking. Partly that is due to his questions being broad and touching many many finer points that need in depth discussion.

http://biologos.org/blog/southern-baptist-voices-an-ongoing-series

Hopefully this dialogue hits the mainstream audience because all of you know the impact the SBC has had especially if you're living in America. I hate to say it, but just getting some young earthers to address the other side is challenging. It's like anything else outside their interpretation is borderline heretical or heresy, so it's like they won't bother. I'm only referring to the average Christian or layman, but now that big names are addressing the issue might push more Christians to be informed. I'm liking this because people like Ken Ham(AiG) & Henry Morris(ICR) have said the worst threat to Christianity is theistic evolution... not non-believers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyb7SQefYMA

wonderer

• 14999 Posts
    • View Profile
Biologos & SBC
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 10:49:20 am »
Interesting.

Thanks for the link.
"The world needed that of us, to maintain—by our example, by our very existence—a world that would keep learning and questioning, that would remain free in thought, inquiry, and word." - Alice Dreger

idunno

• 3896 Posts
  • When He was a man, He played the man.
    • View Profile
Biologos & SBC
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2012, 11:24:00 pm »
Biologos? Blasphemy!

Haha, just kidding. I am suprised not to see Al Mohler on the list there.
“...these things- the beauty, the memory of our past- …are not the thing itself; they are only the scent of a flower we have not found, the echo of a tune we have not heard, news from a country we have never visited.”
- Clive

Nicholas Olsen

• 282 Posts
    • View Profile
Biologos & SBC
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 12:27:58 pm »
http://biologos.org/search/results/4eab5a8925c1e3c9dcd10ba35030dab9/

i think biologos put him where he needs to be....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyb7SQefYMA

idunno

• 3896 Posts
  • When He was a man, He played the man.
    • View Profile
Biologos & SBC
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 12:32:16 pm »
Goody
“...these things- the beauty, the memory of our past- …are not the thing itself; they are only the scent of a flower we have not found, the echo of a tune we have not heard, news from a country we have never visited.”
- Clive