Archived

Archived

Read 58505 times

ArgonGruber

• 306 Posts
    • View Profile
drcraigvideos forum
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2012, 05:14:42 am »
Hi all! I know morality and stuff has been discussed a bunch recently, but I felt that I needed to double-check a question I had.

Dr. Craig's Moral Argument for the Existence of God is this:
1. If God does not exist, then objective moral values and duties do not exist.
2. Objective moral values and duties do exist.
3. Therefore, God does exist.

I am desiring to disprove this argument. I am asking for y'all's opinion of my attempt to disprove this argument. My argument (the attempted disproof) is this:

1. If the universe randomly popped into existence with objective moral values and duties, then objective moral values and duties would exist without God.
2. If God created the universe, then God could have created the universe without objective moral values and duties.
3. Therefore, objective moral values and duties do not depend on God's existence && God's existence is not necessarily evinced by the existence of objective moral values and duties.

Any thoughts? I'm thinking about contacting Dr. Craig himself about this, but I'd like some peer-input before doing that.

Thank you,

Argon!

Fred Spear

• 2977 Posts
    • View Profile
drcraigvideos forum
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2012, 02:27:22 pm »
1. If the universe randomly popped into existence with objective moral values and duties, then objective moral values and duties would exist without God.

Ok, but I suppose that begs the question as to how the universe randomly popped into existence with objective moral values & duties.

2. If God created the universe, then God could have created the universe without objective moral values and duties.

I am not sure that is true.  It could not have been "the universe" without objective moral values and duties (presuming they exist).  It would have been something else that is not the universe.  
It is a very good thing for me that Jesus is willing to meet me where I am.

Jesus4Life

Re: drcraigvideos forum
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2012, 09:50:10 am »
The YouTube channel is an awesome source for listening and watching to Dr. Craig's works and debates. But I have to admit that is sort of strange that there are two channels (drcraigvideos and ReasonableFaithOrg). Nevertheless, YouTube has brought Dr. Craig into a good presence on the internet. If anything, I just wish that the internet atheists would stop making so much mean-spirited attacks. I look forward to seeing Dr. Craig's debate with Alexander Rosenberg when it gets released on the internet.