godsafraud

• 1 Posts
    • View Profile
Why dont you encourage discussion on your youtube videos?
« on: January 08, 2013, 07:45:29 pm »
Just wondering cause I have noticed a trend with theist channels disabling comments. 

idunno

• 3896 Posts
  • When He was a man, He played the man.
    • View Profile
Re: Why dont you encourage discussion on your youtube videos?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 11:45:38 pm »
Hello! From thence for you shall be known as 'He who must not be named'.  ;D

I think there's a very good reason why the comments have been disable on theistic videos. People tend to be rather vulgar in the youtube comments section. I've seen people argue about God under the oddest videos.

Anyway, welcome the the forum. It's my privilege to fill you in on the lay of the land. First, this isn't YouTube. What I mean is the regular posters here, whether theist or atheist, tend to be far far far friendlier. We tend to respect each other, you don't see a lot of generalizing here (though you'll see it occasionally), and the discussion tends to be pretty substantive. Show others respect and you'll get it in return. Simple as that.

Now most, if not all, discussion goes on in the 'Choose Your Own Topic' thread at the top of the page. You don't necessarily have to, but I recommend just starting a thread introducing yourself. I guaruntee you'll be welcomed.

Your resident Christian, The Duke of Ireny, idunno  ;)

As a side note, it's your choice but should you stick with your current username you may just shoot yourself in the foot before you can make a good first impression.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:24:53 am by idunno »
“...these things- the beauty, the memory of our past- …are not the thing itself; they are only the scent of a flower we have not found, the echo of a tune we have not heard, news from a country we have never visited.”
- Clive

Stephen

• 5649 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2013, 07:16:52 am »
Welcome gaf!

Personally, I would hardly call it "discussion" on youtube- for one, semantically it is called the "Comments" section, after all.  Even to that point, it's not called the "soapbox" section, nor is there one I can see.  Second, if I remember correctly, is there not a link or encouragement of some sort that will lead you to visit Craig's RF website for more?

jules

• 6 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 05:16:40 pm »
Just wondering cause I have noticed a trend with theist channels disabling comments.

Honestly, look at your screen name.

Theists rather not give audience to ignorant children and post their videos for those that wish to learn more about God and allowing such ignorance as yourself to deter the video is not going to happen.

I know trolls want to troll, but sorry about that :P

ontologicalme

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 07:32:11 pm »
I sometimes venture at youtube and post a comment or argument, but the level of arguments in youtube are in general quite poor, and if that was not enough , the level of education and good manners close to zero. Even the guys making good arguments, are just a bunch of smart Neanderthals, with very few exceptions, in my experience, sadly.

Ruffen

• 50 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 10:28:12 am »
This is interesting, as I've seen few religion debaters who turn to name-calling, personal attacks and ad-hominem arguments as often as William Lane Craig.

ontologicalme

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 12:54:01 pm »
This is interesting, as I've seen few religion debaters who turn to name-calling, personal attacks and ad-hominem arguments as often as William Lane Craig.

Even if that was true, WLC barely participates in youtube discussions, so you guys are safe.

peanutaxis

• 38 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 11:10:57 pm »

Because freedom of thought and speech and ideas is antithetical to irrational beliefs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rqw4krMOug