Why I Am a Mythicist

The Mythicist Position
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63BNKhGAVRQ

Seeker

• 1024 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: The Mythicist Position
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 02:44:51 pm »
This is not plausible at all, and I am a skeptic.
I will not lose.

Mimi

• 7 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 04:23:05 pm »
What do you mean "it's not plausible"? What specifically is not plausible? That comment makes no sense.

Just claiming to be a "skeptic" doesn't automatically mean you're qualified for anything or that you're right and how do I know you're even telling the truth? You've got to do much better than offering an opinion that doesn't even show you've read the thread or viewed the video as anybody could say such a thing without ever doing either.

Seeker

• 1024 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 01:29:47 pm »
What do you mean "it's not plausible"? What specifically is not plausible? That comment makes no sense.

Just claiming to be a "skeptic" doesn't automatically mean you're qualified for anything or that you're right and how do I know you're even telling the truth? You've got to do much better than offering an opinion that doesn't even show you've read the thread or viewed the video as anybody could say such a thing without ever doing either.

You have to literally burn up the whole entire 1-3 centuries of history to denies the existence of a rabbi teacher Jesus of Nazareth. You have to go against almost every ancient historian in the world to be a mythicist. Bart Ehrman even thinks the position is ridiculous. You are an uber-skeptic because you said "how do I know you're even telling the truth?". I used to doubt Jesus' existence but once you realize that Jesus is a key figure in 1 century history, then you'll gladly accept him as a real person.
I will not lose.