Archived

Omniscience

Read 9723 times

Asking_A_Question

Re: Yah can not be Omniscient
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2013, 11:46:01 am »
So your answer to prophecy is that God forces it to happen instead of Him knowing people would choose it.  You are just saying that you have already made up your mind and don't care about the actual reading which is begging the question.

Wow, that shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the incarnation.  This is why I suggested you read some books so that you can understand the other view.  Jesus was a man.  His human nature was not omniscient while His divine nature was.  THus, His human nature could learn things.  That's pretty simple.

I understand your views perfectly, they are just out of step with the Bible.

Shadow Lock

• 1 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 05:15:28 pm »
For your consideration:

God is the greatest possible being. That means that He has only and all great-making properties. Knowledge is a great-making property, (a person who knows more about things and more accurately has more potential to act upon the environment effectively.) That means that, if God is the greatest possible being, then He has only and all great-making properties to the maximal degree, which means He knows all truth values of all possible propositions infallibly, which is the traditional view of omniscience.

~Shadow Lock

jayceeii

• 486 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2020, 04:22:06 pm »
Genesis 6:5-7 "And Elohim saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
 And it repented Yah that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
And Yah said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them."

Notice very carefully that it hurt Yah to his very core at the badness he saw in the Earth, he had a feeling of regret to the point that he was feeling remorse for ever creating mankind!

These are very strong words indeed, for if you believe that Yah knows everything at all times, you are accusing our creator with knowingly creating evil, taking the responsibility from the evil men and putting it on his shoulders.

Why should this be the case?  Can it not be so that through God's gift of free will to us that he is relieved of responsibility when we choose actions deemed to be evil?  Could Yah be completely Omniscient if he feels sorrow and regret for things he obviously did not know would occur?
This is an intriguing find from the Bible, as it undermines the quest of the theologians to establish a God after their imagination, i.e. omniscient in the way that they’d define it. I do not believe in the flood, but I do believe God is experiencing these emotions right now and that this is part of Judgment. God is not wrathful against man for his disobedience, but from his sheer incapacity to receive proper instruction about what God really wanted. In hindsight it will be seen this planet was developed in a shockingly backward and primitive way, rushing headlong into technology heedless of resources and environment. God is annoyed, but He is annoyed all men would accept from the Lord and the prophets was the Bible, that basically pours gasoline on the fire of the sins that threaten the globe.

If you want to speak about omniscience, you can say this is an eternal thing with God. That is to say, the creatures are never meeting His expectations. Their states are known. Hopefully YHWH will be able to say of the angels, “These are my beloved ones, in whom I am well pleased.” But the human race is a continuous challenge and problem.