Can you picture Jesus using genocide as Noah’s God did?
« on: January 05, 2014, 04:38:57 pm »
Can you picture Jesus using genocide as Noah’s God did?

The O.T. God has been described as the vilest God imaginable.

The N.T. shows Jesus as a much softer and gentler and loving God.

Many say that Jesus is God even though there are many who dispute that notion for a number of good reasons.

For this O P, I will assume that there is a Trinity. If you are a Trinitarian, then you would have to see the non-judgemental Jesus who would not even stone a prostitute, as the judgemental O.T. God of Noah’s day, --- who will even drown babies and children.

How do you reconcile the O.T. God with the kind, gentle and forgiving Jesus?

Some will point to a new covenant but God himself says that nothing he says will ever be retract and Jesus himself referred back to the old covenant in the bible so let’s not argue that please.

Can you picture Jesus doing the vile things that scriptures say he did in the O.T.?

Regards
DL

Rick Dawkins

• 817 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: Can you picture Jesus using genocide as Noah’s God did?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:28:36 pm »

a great act of evil may may stop even more evil occurring, much like the atomic bomb?

Its possible just not so probable  unless criteria are met imo

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 07:01:33 pm »
And if it were all true, would Jesus be a worthy God?

Remember that he can cure just as easily as kill. He is God. He can do anything.

Regards
DL

Rick Dawkins

• 817 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 07:42:07 pm »
And if it were all true, would Jesus be a worthy God?

Remember that he can cure just as easily as kill. He is God. He can do anything.

Regards
DL

Cure as easily as kill,  well death is maybe not as we know it to be, the most logical rational view is that death is non existence , sure the way you die can be horrible suffering.

God, i dont think wants to cure people If we say its a given god can do anything.

to cure people is taking away from free will. surely.

So therefore God wouldn't do it.If u mean by cure eradicate all the problems mankind has made of its own creating?

And what would be left to actually live on earth for ???

Every possible thing would be known there would be no mystery left , no learning left ,,, no discussion left

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 07:51:45 am »
I hear you.

Do you not think that killing someone is ignoring their free will choice which would go to wanting to live?

Is killing somehow less intrusive to our free will than curing us?

Would curing us not be more in line with what most people want?

Regards
DL

Rick Dawkins

• 817 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 10:55:24 am »
I hear you.

Do you not think that killing someone is ignoring their free will choice which would go to wanting to live?

Is killing somehow less intrusive to our free will than curing us?

Would curing us not be more in line with what most people want?

Regards
DL

1.wanting to live by pretty much rock solid evidence at his basic core foundation isnt really free will, we can all be said to be slaves to life in various ways , and more specifically slaves to our own individual lifes, if free will on the topic of living was so free will, there would be much more death in this world than there is now.think suicide.

2.killing someone is much of what makes up humanity and this life, to kill someone is categorically wrong, but if that someone has chosen to put your life in danger, and is threatening your existence  then its either you die fighting or they do, and both fight to stay alive.

Unless u are duped by propaganda and such, would u freely allow Hitler and Stalin to stay alive if u had the power and means to end them?

And if you Being God  you could intervene if conditions existed , ie your entire creation was going to wipe itself out and already had done  much damage by its own doing, would u not intervene and kill the unreasonable  so the reasonable and therefore your creation live on and also give them the truth, in doing so it could be called a great piece of kindness and intelligence , in fact genius imo,

3 .Tro cure something is to know something and to know something is to understand something, God would get no benefits whatsoever and i dont think humanity would either by magically curing us Directly even if god could do it.
It defeats the purpose of the basic foundational meaning of life, or what should be peoples basic foundational meaning of life, and that is learning.

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 11:07:18 am »
So to you, we learn better when dead than alive.

Quite the conclusion and now I see why you did not speak to my question of killing versus curing above.

You, like your God, see more benefit or value in taking the low Satanic moral ground of killing than the high moral ground of curing.

Both of you are sick. Please try to get well and pray that our human doctors never think like you and your God.

Regards
DL

Rick Dawkins

• 817 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 11:16:43 am »
So to you, we learn better when dead than alive.

Quite the conclusion and now I see why you did not speak to my question of killing versus curing above.

You, like your God, see more benefit or value in taking the low Satanic moral ground of killing than the high moral ground of curing.

Both of you are sick. Please try to get well and pray that our human doctors never think like you and your God.

Regards
DL

u have misunderstood what i am trying to say, imo, you are also guilty of being like the God u claim to despise, you have asked questions which "you" personally know the answer 2 not got the answer you wanted and therefore i dont fit in with your version of truth.

But u are free to think as you choose, and hold what you choose as truth, as is the way of God.

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 11:48:47 am »
So do you but my God says it is much better and more moral to cure than kill while your immoral construct goes ahead and follows his Satanic tendencies and would rather kill.

You might wonder why.

Regards
DL

Rick Dawkins

• 817 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 12:10:15 pm »
No, my version og God in a large part is understanding or me attempting to understand The world.

just because u say my God is evil, is a reflection of  how the world is, and i wouldn't say my God is evil, at most Good my God can be is 99% Good,but whether myGod can said to be that i do not know for  My God is showing that this reality is an absurdity which is illogical, and therefore not a real  reality.

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 12:23:17 pm »
Ok. Reality is not reality.

Regards.
DL

Rick Dawkins

• 817 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 12:44:56 pm »
No, reality is an absurdity , or this reality we have in many ways is absurd, this reality is a reality before another reality, another reality which is  more logical and contains more to understand.

But before you get to the other reality , you have to understand at least parts of this reality, because if u cannot do so, you cannot then understand the next reality .

Even without my clues i hold for myself, quantum physics something i know little of, but the little i do know is that, quantum physics doesn't make sense of previous scientific laws , its making an absurdity of reality in some ways.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 01:44:41 pm by Rick Dawkins »

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 08:21:59 pm »
Only because we do not understand our full reality as yet.

We may never but to me, morality at present is more important than science.

Regards
DL