jayceeii

• 322 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: The Bible implies God is not omniscient
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2019, 10:17:46 am »
Just because God can know everything doesn't mean he can't use this ability in discreet measures. And why would he do that? Because  he gave all his sentient creation free will which would be meaningless  if he chose to know everything we would do before we did it.

"Now Jehovah is the Spirit, and where the spirit of Jehovah is, there is freedom." - 2 Corinthians 3:17

"You were called to freedom." - Galatians 5:13

"I take the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you today that I have put life and death before you, the blessing and the curse; and you must choose life so that you may live, you and your descendants, by loving Jehovah your God, by listening to his voice, and by sticking to him." - Deuteronomy 30:19, 20

Now, if God chooses to know beforehand each and every action we'll take then how exactly are we free? How are we free to choose between life and death, the blessing and the curse?
This would be great, but in fact man is not free to choose between the blessing and the curse. The Bible and other religious revelations make it seem as if a choice is possible, but since God’s actual standards of goodness are not included in the revelations, there is no goal or direction. There’s also no curiosity about it, which is why I can write things like this and no one asks what I mean. No one is looking around wondering what more God can say, or whether there is more to say than can be found in current religious texts.

The religions depended on making it seem as if man could play a part, but only trivial standards were introduced. The Bible was written to be near men, not to bring men near God. Now, had the higher standards been introduced, men would not be able to choose them. The ways of the truly wise are trackless, and the worldly bound cannot follow them. Jesus said the way was strait and narrow, but here as elsewhere failed to finish His sentences. The closest finish to this was, “Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord.’”