Archived

Resurrection

Read 2954 times

seekreality

• 9 Posts
    • View Profile
The real Messiah?
« on: July 06, 2014, 09:05:28 pm »
I have been looking into it a lot lately (I'm religiously undecided) and I have started looking at Christianity from a different lens. Jesus was supposed to be the Messiah. He was supposed to fulfill Jewish prophecy. However, the Messiah that Christians claim he is stands drastically different from what a Messiah was supposed to be.

Examples:
The Messiah does not need to be born from a virgin. "They [Christians] mistranslate "ha" as "a" instead of "the". They mistranslate "almah" as "virgin", when in fact the Hebrew word for virgin is "betulah".

"He was not descended from the House of David. According to Jewish law, tribal identification comes from the father's side, being Jewish, from the mother's side. According to Matthew 1, Joseph was descended from David (Although there are many contradictions between his genealogy there and that listed in Luke, however according to the same text, Joseph did not have sexual relations with Mary, therefore Jesus was not related to Joseph, and not a descendant of King David."

"The Messiah's purpose is not to make it possible for us to go to Heaven. The Torah teaches us how to do that already."

"There is no concept in the Jewish Bible that the Messiah ben David will die before completeing his mission, be resurrected after his death, or be a diety. "

Jews also note that that they do not believe a second coming is means to pass off bringing peace to the world (or whatever prophecy that Christians believe is yet to be fulfilled).

Why is this okay? To just suddenly say "forget the old prophecies, now God Himself is the Messiah!"

http://www.beingjewish.com/toshuv/whynotbrief.html

http://books.google.com/books?id=tx5qrKz6dRMC&pg=PA167&lpg=PA167&dq=jews+don't+believe+in+jesus+resurrection&source=bl&ots=EiYyzgrIvZ&sig=wad2xtXVSkrJt1dP1NvefXWSVo0&hl=en&sa=X&ei=z_25U8rNC4a2yATWg4L4Dw&ved=0CEMQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=jews%20don't%20believe%20in%20jesus%20resurrection&f=false

Re: The real Messiah?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 06:06:31 am »
Thanks for sharing brother