Archived

Archived

Read 60477 times

JohnBee

• 3770 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Updates - Please read.
« Reply #150 on: January 31, 2018, 03:32:07 pm »
A real problem I am having reading and editing posts is the faint type. It's so faint that distinguishing a comma from a period is difficult at any reasonable distance from the screen. Granted, my eyes are old but I don't have this problem on other forums and didn't have it here with the previous setup. Can you please look into changing the font, size, and intensity to make reading easier?

Wholly agree.
I've already voiced my opinion on this matter(both here, and on Facebook), though it would seem that the development team is not accepting user feedback. And though I can appreciate that the forum be privately owned, I can't but feel as though the community has all but died following the changes - of which, and I could be completely wrong on this, thought this is the impression I've been left with toward matters unfortunately :(

PS. I can understand challenges and other hold-ups, though I'm still struggling to understand why the development team would not accept help to overcome them. ie, the forum is experiencing the very same errors that manifested during the last upgrade over 4 years ago.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 03:39:01 pm by JohnBee »
N.B. Trolls are neither interested nor committed to the truth!

Snoochies

• 4141 Posts
  • Seek, knock, ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 15, 2018, 08:08:10 pm »
A real problem I am having reading and editing posts is the faint type. It's so faint that distinguishing a comma from a period is difficult at any reasonable distance from the screen. Granted, my eyes are old but I don't have this problem on other forums and didn't have it here with the previous setup. Can you please look into changing the font, size, and intensity to make reading easier?

Wholly agree.
I've already voiced my opinion on this matter(both here, and on Facebook), though it would seem that the development team is not accepting user feedback. And though I can appreciate that the forum be privately owned, I can't but feel as though the community has all but died following the changes - of which, and I could be completely wrong on this, thought this is the impression I've been left with toward matters unfortunately :(

PS. I can understand challenges and other hold-ups, though I'm still struggling to understand why the development team would not accept help to overcome them. ie, the forum is experiencing the very same errors that manifested during the last upgrade over 4 years ago.

I know I have used the forum a lot less since the changes. Still prefer the other one by far. I don't think the page loads up properly for me, mind you I'm at work so they may have some settings stopping things popping up but had no issue with the old forum. I miss the good ol days.
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear." Psalm 46:1-2

* Forum members please note:- Just because I ask you lots of questions, this does not mean I know something better. I am merely asking to seek clarification and arrive at truth the best I can

startexploring

• 27 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 27, 2018, 11:15:44 am »
How can I find "latest/new posts" ?

This forum actually helped me alot against atheists claims.

Snoochies

• 4141 Posts
  • Seek, knock, ask
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2018, 09:21:17 pm »
So it's been awhile since I've been here. How has the forum been since the revamp, have we seen a mass exodus or still things as normal. For me it doesn't have the same feel and the forum is still very clunky, plus I miss everyones avatars because I know when I see a certain persons avatar, I find myself jumping in to the topic.

If people have left, where have they gone to?

Hope all is well with everyone.
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear." Psalm 46:1-2

* Forum members please note:- Just because I ask you lots of questions, this does not mean I know something better. I am merely asking to seek clarification and arrive at truth the best I can

lapwing

• 8180 Posts
    • View Profile
    • Not my website but explains my choice of name and avatar
« Reply #154 on: May 27, 2018, 08:56:47 pm »
Hi Snoochies,

Welcome back!

Yes the new format does make a difference - it seems more cold and formal.

There's still some interesting topics but epic debates about subjects like the Trinity, JWs, Calvinism etc. seem to be a thing of the past - and we've just had Trinity Sunday.
For by one sacrifice Jesus has made perfect forever those who are being sanctified.

"Those who are still afraid of men have no fear of God, and those who have fear of God have ceased to be afraid of men"
"If the world refuses justice, the Christian will pursue mercy"
Dietrich Bonhoeffer