Apologetics and Theology

Read 6314 times

AnimatedDirt

• 7821 Posts
  • Alwys a sinner, Alwys penitent, Alwys right w/ God
    • View Profile
Re: Potatoes do not exist
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2015, 08:38:56 am »
I find it hilarious that the atheists are offended...
People are amusing.

Crash Test

• 20719 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2015, 08:43:20 am »

How very Christian of you to take pleasure in that.
-- This user will return on the twenty-fourth of July --

AnimatedDirt

• 7821 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2015, 08:58:04 am »

Let it be known to all;  my Christianity often gets pushed aside by my sinfulness.

I find it comical and I laugh.  The fact that you then throw the above out...further establishes my reason for finding it hilarious.
People are amusing.

Crash Test

• 20719 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2015, 11:00:35 am »

Let it be known to all;  my Christianity often gets pushed aside by my sinfulness.

I find it comical and I laugh.  The fact that you then throw the above out...further establishes my reason for finding it hilarious.

Finding it comical may well be part of your sinful nature, and perfectly expected within a Christian worldview.

Finding it comical, then feeling the desire (through what sounded like something akin to pride) to publish that information on a forum which should be bringing Christ to the forefront of your mind, and actually going through with that desire, is another thing.

There's slipping, then there's revelling in it at a time when you really have no excuse not to.

AnimatedDirt

• 7821 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2015, 11:03:21 am »

Finding it comical may well be part of your sinful nature, and perfectly expected within a Christian worldview.

Finding it comical, then feeling the desire (through what sounded like something akin to pride) to publish that information on a forum which should be bringing Christ to the forefront of your mind, and actually going through with that desire, is another thing.

There's slipping, then there's revelling in it at a time when you really have no excuse not to.

Yes it is true, I sometimes revel in my sinfulness...but that's because I am sinful and I completely OWN the fact.

I still find it comical and more so that you keep pointing out the obvious and already acknowledged.
People are amusing.

Crash Test

• 20719 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2015, 11:53:16 am »

Yes it is true, I sometimes revel in my sinfulness...but that's because I am sinful and I completely OWN the fact.

I still find it comical and more so that you keep pointing out the obvious and already acknowledged.

I'm not sure that's really how you're supposed to go about this...

AnimatedDirt

• 7821 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2015, 12:04:05 pm »

I'm not sure that's really how you're supposed to go about this...

You mean in a thread about whether potatoes exist of not?
People are amusing.

Crash Test

• 20719 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2015, 12:33:19 pm »

I mean in conduct with other people, especially in a situation where you are both actively reminded of, and in a position of being representative of, Christ.

Trinity

• 28422 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2015, 12:41:57 pm »
From the Message Bible:

17 These hard times are small potatoes compared to the coming good times, the lavish celebration prepared for us. 18 There's far more here than meets the eye. The things we see now are here today, gone tomorrow. But the things we can't see now will last forever.

2 Corinthians 4:17-18.
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. - Psalm 19:1

AnimatedDirt

• 7821 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2015, 12:54:20 pm »

I mean in conduct with other people, especially in a situation where you are both actively reminded of, and in a position of being representative of, Christ.

I represent the belief in "potatoes" in this thread.
People are amusing.

Crash Test

• 20719 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2015, 01:27:58 pm »

Even if it were true that you don't represent Christ in this thread (it isn't), that doesn't negate the rest of what I said.

Jonathan G.

• 574 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2015, 01:37:37 pm »
I potato. Therefore, I am.

Questions11

• 21037 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2015, 01:38:46 pm »
This thread needs to die now.

Jonathan G.

• 574 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2015, 01:41:09 pm »

Everyone is or has been a hypocrite. No? That doesn't make it okay of course, but neither does it mean I'm a good person if somehow I'm not a hypocrite.

AnimatedDirt

• 7821 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2015, 02:21:34 pm »

Even if it were true that you don't represent Christ in this thread (it isn't), that doesn't negate the rest of what I said.

If we were to meet and be friends, you'd find me the same on this forum as I am in person.  I don't apologize for my short-comings when there is nothing to apologize for.  I find it hilarious that a thread that from the OP is somewhat for fun and serious, that the atheists are offended by the apparent parroting of atheist speak in things dealing with God.

We must be willing to laugh at ourselves too.

Here's a joke for the Adventists.

St. Peter is manning the pearly gates and a believer approaches to enter.
St. Peter greets him, "Welcome to Heaven."
"Thank you sir, I'm very happy to be here!" says the believer.
"Well, come on in." says Peter.
"The music is pretty loud, isn't it." says the believer.
"Yes, the Pentecostals have set up their area just over there with their bands and singers praising all day long, every day."
"Oh, well it sounds heavenly."
"Yes, we like it very much."
"That cathedral over there is very beautiful." says the believer
"Yes, those are our Catholic friends." says Peter  "You know them, they love their large cathedral and their religious images with their solemn services.  We put them a fair distance from the Pentecostals so that the loud music doesn't disturb their sensitive ears."
They continued to walk as St. Peter showed the believer the beauty of heaven, the people and all it has to offer.
After walking what seemed an hour or two, they came over a rise and signs on the path that read, "Please Keep Very Quiet".  The path lead into a small lush valley.
The believer asked in a whisper, "What is this area that we have to be so quiet?"
St. Peter replied, "Yes, we must keep very quiet.  This is where the Adventists live.  They think they are the only ones here in heaven..."
People are amusing.