General Discussion

Apologetics and Theology

Read 6295 times

Booger

• 1216 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: Potatoes do not exist
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2015, 04:05:34 pm »
Are you beginning to see the problem theists have? No matter how many times and how many ways a theist says, "God does not exist, but is existence itself," atheists insist on talking about God as though God is a "thing" reducible to an idea. They insist that "one plus one equals two" and that there is nothing else beyond "one plus one."

In this scenario, I am playing the role of an "apotatoist" and you have to prove to me potatoes really exist. But you can't, you know you can't because the parameters I put into place makes it impossible. So rather than do what theists do, you tell yourself you're wasting your time and turn your back.

No, actually. The problem that I have seen was you moving the goal posts in the discussion; changing from one thin to another.  While this makes things difficult, it does not make the discussion impossible to have.  We just have to re-adjust and re-focus the conversation on the new goal posts.  I am willing to do that if you are serious here, but it seems more and more that you are simply trying to make a rhetorical point without ever actually taking the response seriously.

I am more than willing to show you how we can go about tackling this problem, if you want to listen, but if you want to just say "no" and put your fingers in your ears, well it is a free country.

Also, please don't try to tell me what it is that I can and cannot do before I have even tried.  It is a little insulting, and it shows me that you are not really taking this exercise seriously at all.....  You seem to be taking this as a soap box to proclaim "Look what atheists can't do !" and then when I try you simply shrug and say "but what about X" and then when I try to explain X, you say "but what about Y" and then when I explain Y, you say "but what about X....."

-------------------

So I have to ask again, are you honestly seeking an answer to your challenge, or was it simply a rhetorical device that you are assuming proves your point automatically without ever even considering to other side of the discussion ?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

The bottom line is this: you cannot prove potatoes exist.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 04:53:01 pm by Booger »
-- This user has been banned for abusing forum staff --

Johan Biemans (jbiemans)

• 12686 Posts
  • WCBP - http://tinyurl.com/agmwhpj
    • View Profile
Re: Potatoes do not exist
« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2015, 05:32:52 pm »
So not willing to answer my questions??  You are not interested in a conversation.