Teleological Argument

Read 2692 times

Aaron Massey

• 5486 Posts
  • absit iniuria verbis
    • View Profile
Why dosnt ICE sink?
« on: March 30, 2016, 11:01:21 pm »
Im mentioning this as a fine tuning example perhaps.. 

Ice Does not sink.  Yet, nearly every other material in the universe sinks in it self as it gets colder.

Reason being as it gets colder the molecules come closer together, and it becomes denser per volume sinking in its own liquid.  (colder water is at the bottom of the pool)

The Reason is, because even though water does become denser as it gets colder towards freezing, when it does freeze its hydrogen bond together and forms a lattice which has more space in btween it, allowing it to float.

Quite amazing, you would think it would just get denser, Ice is harder than water after all, yet not as dense.  Like nearly every other material, even Hydrogen on its own will become a solid and sink in liquid hydrogen.

This does not seem like a big deal, but.... what if ICE sank in water?   

It would sink to the bottom of the ocean.  What lives at the bottom of the ocean? crustaceans, some of the earliest life forms from the Cambrian period. 

We probably would not be alive today if it was not that ICE floated.

So, we now How...   So why would ICE do that ?  why does Ice float instead of sink?
Proverbs 8:30 "then I was beside him, like a master workman, and I was daily his delight, rejoicing before him always, rejoicing in his inhabited world and delighting in the children of man."

Atheist in Louisiana

• 2631 Posts
  • I ain't afraid of no ghost!
    • View Profile
    • Atheist in Louisiana
Re: Why dosnt ICE sink?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 01:19:00 am »
Ice floats for those reasons you listed.  What else do you mean by "why"?

If ice didn't float, we might not be alive, but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be other life.  If ice sank, there could be other life forms here asking what the reason is behind ice sinking, and pointing out that if it didn't sink that life as they know it couldn't exist.  Obviously, the universe would be fine tuned for them.
Had the magazine not published these cartoons, they would not have been specifically targeted.
Consequences, AiL, consequences. - Jenna Black

Hey, if you want to, I'm more than ok with it.  :)  I love the attention. - Questions11

cnearing

• 2677 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: Why dosnt ICE sink?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 01:27:06 am »
If the universe were different, the universe would be different.  Go figure.
P((A => B), A) = P(A => B) + P(A) - 1