General Discussion

Community Testimonies

Read 2468 times

jgroves1987

• 1 Posts
    • View Profile
My story
« on: August 10, 2016, 12:07:28 am »
I was not raised in a church going family.  I started going to a local church when I was 16.  However, I am one of those people who are not consciously aware of spiritual phenomenon.  I cannot perceive the supernatural.  I went to this church for 3 years until I enlisted in the military.  I ended up drifting from the faith because, ultimately, it was merely an academic exercise.  I had no direct spiritual experience that I was aware of the ground my belief in God and Christianity.  After I got out of the military, I became a physics major at a public state university, still oblivious to spirituality.  During my time at university (during my junior year), it became abundantly clear, even to me, that there is more to this life than physical reality.  I realized through first hand experience that not only can people read other people's minds, people seemed to have access to another person's life experiences through spiritual means.  I decided to take a break from school in order to work out my metaphysical stance.  I learned how to pray with my spirit in the spirit through will power.  And then I learned how to meditate as commanded by the bible in Joshua 1:8.  I have spent the past 2.5 years exploring this aspect of my spirituality and as a result, I have become convinced (again) that Christianity is true.  Now that I've worked out my spirituality to my own satisfaction, I'm going back to school in order to finish my physics degree.  I resolutely reject metaphysical naturalism which denies the supernatural and I embrace Christian theism.  There can be no doubt that Christianity is true, even though church tradition is not infallible.