jayceeii

• 322 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: Where is the evidence that an immaterial, timeless, mind created universe?
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2019, 09:17:30 am »
Sorry I'm not as enlightened as you are, I guess.  I can't understand how LFW is possible because I'm not self-aware. Or, it could be the LFW is just an illusion. Sorry, but that's what I think because nobody has ever given me a coherent explanation of how such a thing is even possible.
tp: Sorry I'm not as enlightened as you are, I guess.

jc: I don’t claim enlightenment. In general one knows that one is free when motives are found that are free from sensate reward. But this has to be all sensate reward, including the hidden motives men follow, such as the martyrs and missionaries who conceive of a heavenly reward, as Jesus actually (and somewhat confoundedly), encouraged. It’s best proved in everyday labor for the sake of the neighbor’s joy, that exists nowhere on Earth. Everywhere you turn today money or some type of renown is the reward that people seek.

tp: I can't understand how LFW is possible because I'm not self-aware.

jc: This is the deep and tragic trouble of the souls, that look outward but never inward. It’s a matter of development. The skills for the mind to know itself are difficult to master.

tp: Or, it could be the LFW is just an illusion.

jc: If so you toss all hope for humans out the window, that the souls can never rise to self-awareness, remaining mostly inchoate blobs or “fusty nuts” of spirit, as Blake said.

tp: Sorry, but that's what I think because nobody has ever given me a coherent explanation of how such a thing is even possible.

jc: The religions are missing almost ALL coherent explanations or instruction! These were not really intended either to guide or to save, only to establish early civilization. We need demonstrations more than explanations, but there’s nowhere to practice selfless life.