Archived

Presumption of Atheism

Read 6835 times

lucious

• 4623 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: Can AiL kill the KCA?
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2016, 07:33:10 pm »
See my many other responses to you.  I don't feel like rehashing this again.  Go do your homework.

Such a lazy and ill-informed response. Seems as if you've become upset that the reports of your destruction of the KCA were greatly exaggerated, which you would have learned to avoid had you carefully studied Craigs written work and not get carried away with your own hubris.

Please don't rile up the Fallacy Ref, I'm trying to give him a rest. He finds repeated violations of Appeal to Authority and Personal Incredulity especially tiresome.

I'm not appealing to authority. This is why you shouldn't resort to immature, meme-posting behaviour. You were bound to get it wrong and embarrass yourself. Where did I ever argue that Craig must be correct because is a philosophical authority?

Secondly, the appeal to personal incredulity does not AFAIK  exist in any actual academic work on formal logic or argumentation. It appears to be a fallacy invented by the internet and only used in ideologically heated contexts amongst forum pundits.

searcherman

• 3082 Posts
  • Man makes religion, religion does not make man
    • View Profile
Re: Can AiL kill the KCA?
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2016, 09:11:23 am »
See my many other responses to you.  I don't feel like rehashing this again.  Go do your homework.

Such a lazy and ill-informed response. Seems as if you've become upset that the reports of your destruction of the KCA were greatly exaggerated, which you would have learned to avoid had you carefully studied Craigs written work and not get carried away with your own hubris.

Please don't rile up the Fallacy Ref, I'm trying to give him a rest. He finds repeated violations of Appeal to Authority and Personal Incredulity especially tiresome.

I'm not appealing to authority. This is why you shouldn't resort to immature, meme-posting behaviour. You were bound to get it wrong and embarrass yourself. Where did I ever argue that Craig must be correct because is a philosophical authority?

Secondly, the appeal to personal incredulity does not AFAIK  exist in any actual academic work on formal logic or argumentation. It appears to be a fallacy invented by the internet and only used in ideologically heated contexts amongst forum pundits.

Craig is the only source you cite. And I will from time to time cite the Fallacy Ref's version of informal fallacies.
Religion is the general theory of this world, its encyclopaedic compendium, its logic in popular form, its spiritual point d’honneur, its enthusiasm, its moral sanction, its solemn complement, and its universal basis of consolation and justification.- K. Marx, Critique of Hegel’s Philosophy of Right