General Discussion

Community Testimonies

Read 3209 times

Lancemplsmn

• 2 Posts
    • View Profile
Testimony
« on: January 01, 2017, 06:45:37 pm »
I grew up going to church once in awhile and believing there must be a higher power, I always tried to do good and never caused any trouble. Then two years ago I asked God for help and I meant it, I was 49 yrs old. Two weeks after that I started getting warm feelings/shivers up my back into my lungs which made me inhale deeply, this would happen every 20-30 mins for 3 days, during those three days cigarettes tasted horrible,  could only smoke 5 a day or so. Then the 3rd night I drank atleast 10 cups of water before bed which I never do, I had just moved in with a long time friend who was born again and he gave me a book to read, after reading the introduction which said, when my daughter is in my arms i am the richest man in the world, I opened my phone pics and the first pic I saw was me holding my daughter in my arms, that's when the happy crying started, it lasted atleast a half hr, I felt super emotional and happy, I felt like Jesus was gonna walk down the hall into my room. I woke up the next morning on my back with my arms spread out and my feet crossed over one another, just like Jesus on the cross I thought, it was then I realized why I had drank so much water, it was for the tears I shed that night before. For the next week or so I was super emotional with no worries and felt at peace, another friend of mine asked me to church and I refused cause I knew I would cry the whole time, I am an ex marine and don't cry about anything just so you know. I had listened to church on the radio weekly before this but when I listed after I actually understood the sermons, it was amazing! I took care of things I had been putting off, everyday after seemed perfect, one day I thought it was my last cause it was so good, I put a note in my garbage saying I knew this would happen, thinking someone would find after I had passed! To top all this off I had many signs, too many to post, signs from animals to birds, one morning a waitress said God bless you and I looked at her and said how did you know! I did my job better then before, I was friendlier then before, and I am pretty friendly! Anyways, life has been great, I have read the bible, I listen to Christian radio everyday, I try to get non believers to believe,  people who knew me before can't believe how I have changed, its awesome, I still have bad days but I know tomorrow is a new day. I watched a debate by Dr Craig and totally love that guy, after watching 3-4 debates I quit because I would get crabby wondering how athiest can't believe in Jesus...I told my pastor what happened to me and he said I am filled with the holy spirit, however, I have not found anyone that went thru what I did, this is why I am posting this, if heaven is anything like I felt those days heaven will be amazing, I don't worry no more and am not afraid to die anymore. And if anyone wants to know what I asked God for help with it was because I was living in a camper working in the oil fields addicted to fake weed and wondering what in the world I was doing out here away from my family, I believe I was put out here to get born again and help others, I have been clean two years now and life is great, I help family and friends with money and talk to God all the time. Once again, I totally respect Dr Craig and his followers and thought I would share this thinking maybe someone would know what happened to me...Thanks and God bless you all! Lance.

rap2017

• 13 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: Testimony
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 03:49:25 am »
Hello
That was a really long Testimony.
My question to you is, How do you know it wasn't Allah or Zeus or Yahweh or just your brain going into raised order of conscience, that made those signs........?

Lancemplsmn

• 2 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: Testimony
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 03:00:44 pm »
Hi Rap, tried to make it short as I could cause it could of been longer Lol. My pastor said it was the holy spirit but I have not seen any other people with those signs. That is why I posted here to see what other people thought. I will have to find out what a raised order of conscience is since I am not sure what that means. Thank you for reading and posting your question rap.