Existence of God

Teleological Argument

Read 865 times

Mark Corbett

• 91 Posts
    • View Profile
The Sun give glory to The Son
« on: January 16, 2019, 02:54:28 pm »
I recently completed Michael Denton's book, Children of Light: The Astonishing Properties of Sunlight that Make Us Possible.

I found his evidence and arguments to be compelling. He points out that the Sun gives off just the right type of electromagnetic radiation to allow photosythesis and vision to occur. Also, the earth's atmosphere had just the right absorption spectrum to let the light we need through, and so does water.

He explores these topics in detail. It adds up to a strong fine-tuning argument.

I wrote a little more about this here:  http://parresiazomai.blogspot.com/2019/01/how-sun-glorifies-son.html

jayceeii

• 285 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: The Sun give glory to The Son
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2019, 10:27:45 am »
I found his evidence and arguments to be compelling. He points out that the Sun gives off just the right type of electromagnetic radiation to allow photosythesis and vision to occur. Also, the earth's atmosphere had just the right absorption spectrum to let the light we need through, and so does water.
Of course you haven’t realized another Name for the Lord would be Solar System Former, that gravity is likely one of God’s powers and the Sun its major local manifestation. Perhaps if one could find the Lord in embodiment, one could see Him bearing the weight of the planets on His shoulders, the serious guy who really knows.