« on: July 21, 2018, 10:48:00 am »
How do I get to heaven?

SAHank2018

• 5 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get to heaven?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 08:05:48 pm »
Greetings The Good Girl,

Two books are a must read The Shack by William P. Young, Wayne Jackson and Brad Cummings is an excellent work of fiction; and I personally do not believe the movie did this novel justice. The second book is Found: God's Will by John MacArthur.

In order to get to heaven, your mind has to be open to believe things rejected by Secular Humanists / atheists. John 3::16 serves as the salvation message, but requires  a little more than just reading the words. A heartfelt confession from you in your belief of those words must exist and be sincere.

John MacArthur will present to you the conditions to meet after your heartfelt confession of John 3:16. First you have to be saved. Second, you need to be Spirit-filled. Third, you must submit to the Word of God. Fourth, sanctification will be given unto you by God. Fifth, you will suffer or must suffer for believing in Jesus / God / The Holy Spirit. God is in three persons, not three gods. Christianity is monotheistic. Jesus was God incarnate. The Holy Spirit is the communication link between the new believer and God. Being saved means a person gave their heartfelt and sincere confession to believe. Spirit-filled refers to the indwelling of The Holy Spirit within you. Sanctification means as you draw closer to God in your belief, you will be removed from sin(s). We all suffer for His namesake. However, we are healed by His stripes.

Found: God's Will is a short book. You might want to start with it before reading The Shack. The Shack was designed to be an emotionally riveting book. However, the message becomes clear, especially if you have MacArthur's work in mind as you read The Shack.

Hope this post points you in the direction you were seeking!

jayceeii

• 81 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 11:32:27 am »
Did you think the Christians could help you here? Jesus never specifically said it was possible to get to Heaven after one lifetime, by any means. The Christian doctrine is from Paul, not the Lord Himself. The Christians can only relate to you what Paul has claimed.

eklypised

• 4 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 10:37:26 pm »
Did you think the Christians could help you here? Jesus never specifically said it was possible to get to Heaven after one lifetime, by any means. The Christian doctrine is from Paul, not the Lord Himself. The Christians can only relate to you what Paul has claimed.

Jesus talked about Heaven 19 times.

Luke 6:23
Rejoice in that day and leap for joy! For indeed your reward is great in heaven.

We can get everything we need to know from Jesus in the Gospels and not just Paul.

jayceeii

• 81 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 03:47:45 pm »

Jesus talked about Heaven 19 times.

Luke 6:23
Rejoice in that day and leap for joy! For indeed your reward is great in heaven.

We can get everything we need to know from Jesus in the Gospels and not just Paul.
Then you know little. Jesus did not say what Heaven is, where it is, or how one gets there, specifically. That is to say, you never find Him saying, “You can get to Heaven after one lifetime on Earth, if you do such-and-so.” It’s actually a critical point, that Jesus never said this specifically. Christianity is based on rumors and innuendo from the Lord.

If you say otherwise, then tell me where Heaven is. Tell me how the society there differs from the society on Earth, and then tell me why Christians aren’t trying to follow those standards, which is to say to make a Heaven on Earth as they pray should occur. The moment anyone thinks practically about Heaven, as something other than satisfaction of all desires, there are immediate questions why the Christians are not attempting it today.

All you can find from Jesus is hand waving. The closest He ever got to saying one could get to Heaven after only one lifetime, was to the thief next to Him on the cross. And I’d argue you don’t get your best teachings from an authority, while He is being tortured and killed. Authorities should be treated better. Fit and healthy, feeling secure, what did Jesus say? He said whoever believes in Him has eternal life; but that’s about as vague as it gets.

I mean, even from the quote you offered, you’re leaping for joy, but you can’t say why. You reply that it’s a good place and that’s all you need to know, but I’d say a logical mind would not be satisfied with such a vague promise, and might start to wonder if Jesus had been hiding something. When you beat around the bush all day but never get near the bush, someone might point out the bush has been ignored, as I am doing today.