Cicerei

• 7 Posts
    • View Profile
Is He Distant Like in a Bad Relationship?
« on: December 08, 2018, 12:24:42 am »

The classic example of God seemingly distancing Himself from the evils of the world has perplexed countless philosophers and turned away many more that ever considered theism. I believe that it can be understood at a basic level, but it definitely can be framed in a more complex manner. Provided that God exists, that He is defined as the embodiment of goodness/justice/virtue/the like, that he wants us as his greatest creations to experience all of these things, and has unlimited power/presence/knowledge, the fact that evil exists in our world is an issue that can be anywhere between concerning to life threatening. The fact that He is understood to be our great guidance does not help this case – if an older sibling or a camp counselor continually lead the children in their responsibilities down paths of pain and confusion, they would not be considered adept at guiding. This is worsened by how God is considered to be our best friends, our eternal benefactors, another parent, the piece to complete us, and so on. And given how God has communicated with humanity before – the burning bush, the warning of the flood, the Wisdom of Solomon – it seems as though there is another dimension of purposeful distance that He sets between his peoples. His omni-characteristics also do not help in this regard; why is He being distant? I could list countless atrocities that have taken place during humanity’s run on Earth, and many of their wounds carried on through their descendants. Simply concluded, and as David Hume put it, either God is not trying because he is “malevolent” or he is unable to because He is “impotent.” These marks also contradict the fully-realized definition of God, so this being in question perhaps is not God, the entity that Abraham’s descendants worship/ed isn’t the embodiment of goodness, or there is no entity in question. But my objections take root in the claim that God has not tried to stop it. Firstly, I conceded that in a macroscopic regard, He absolutely has let things slide that have caused His people’s harm, confusion, and pain enough for them to stop believing in Him. However, the bigger picture is never always the only picture that observers should consider. The greatest example of God’s literal presence among man was sending His Son/Himself to live among people. This effort is better than no effort, provided that we as a people we’re banned from salvation until Christ’s death. Interestingly, Christ struggled just as man did (and to the point where He doubted that God/Himself had His best interests in heart), but his torture and death were for a greater cause. This is not to dismiss the horrendous realities that cancer victims, abductees, or concentration camp survivors have gone through as merely cogs in the great machine that is God’s plan; these pains are very real and they are all victims. But the example of Christ taking on comparable pains not only shows that God permits bad things happening to innocent people, but also that they are for a reason. I am unaware of that reason, but I believe that the salvation He promised everyone is enough to make up for lifetimes of pain, regardless if they were first-hand or second-hand experiences. I also do not believe that He would send His own Son/Himself to go through a historically brutal and extended execution without having a far greater goal in mind for in the aftermath.
For why we are limited to such narrow views and to incomplete answers, I also am not able to answer; the closest thing to an answer I can provide is either that we are not capable of the full extent of the true answer, or that God’s eyes are only capable of fully comprehending it. The last time we reached for knowledge, we brought death into our world. While I hope that we get a semblance of answers someday, I do not believe that such a time is currently upon us. There is already enough suffering in our world.

jayceeii

• 480 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: Is He Distant Like in a Bad Relationship?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 07:23:06 am »
cc: The classic example of God seemingly distancing Himself from the evils of the world has perplexed countless philosophers and turned away many more that ever considered theism.

jc: It is imperative to begin listing the exact evils, because almost all of what humans are calling good, is a hidden evil. Progress came but the environment is polluted and the resources denuded. So these philosophers should be including themselves, in the “evil.”

cc: I believe that it can be understood at a basic level, but it definitely can be framed in a more complex manner.

jc: Men have been trying to define goodness from a one-life perspective, and I don’t just mean they believe they have only one life. Instead the entire future past a hundred years doesn’t look real. Not a single soul has been capable of a considering the whole Earth in its total time frame in even its basic aspects, much less developing more complex models.

cc: Provided that God exists, that He is defined as the embodiment of goodness/justice/virtue/the like, that he wants us as his greatest creations to experience all of these things, and has unlimited power/presence/knowledge, the fact that evil exists in our world is an issue that can be anywhere between concerning to life threatening.

jc: Not a single divine standard was revealed in religion, for what God would consider “entry level” for anyone He’d be glad to call “friend.” It is presumed that man is God’s greatest creation, but if so Earth will remain a dark and malevolent planet, without hope. It is presumed not only that God’s power is unlimited, but that the souls could be molded according to God’s desire. God has great power, but the souls have their private self-will. In fact it would be great if any soul desired virtue; but no soul will listen to them listed.

cc: The fact that He is understood to be our great guidance does not help this case – if an older sibling or a camp counselor continually lead the children in their responsibilities down paths of pain and confusion, they would not be considered adept at guiding.

jc: It is presumed men could be led on the paths God desired for the souls in intelligent bodies to walk. God is only at fault for not guiding, if the souls might have responded. Since He faced rebellion and hatred at every turn, He used skills of a lion tamer instead.

cc: This is worsened by how God is considered to be our best friends, our eternal benefactors, another parent, the piece to complete us, and so on.

jc: Indeed, such a sentence can only be crafted in the void of any realistic ideation about the Deity. In the end God needed cooperation from humanity to optimize things, that has been completely denied Him. It’s the nature of every man to conclude that “God” must be right beside him agreeing with all his ideas, but the God a stone’s throw away is delusion.

cc: And given how God has communicated with humanity before – the burning bush, the warning of the flood, the Wisdom of Solomon – it seems as though there is another dimension of purposeful distance that He sets between his peoples.

jc: Proverbs is entirely tainted by dualism, the burning bush and flood are obviously fairytales, and even Jesus failed to state His actual Identity and authority directly. In other words God has not communicated authentically with man, but has instead kept hidden.

cc: His omni-characteristics also do not help in this regard; why is He being distant?

jc: Two basic commandments that should have been at the root of religion are learning to take joy at the joy of another, and making oneself into a good companion (even hoping to meet Christ). This would’ve been pressing men too far, for they’re trapped in selfishness.

cc: I could list countless atrocities that have taken place during humanity’s run on Earth, and many of their wounds carried on through their descendants.

jc: The statement smears body and mind together; each soul’s suffering is its own. This amounts to heaping wood on the fire of complaining over the burden of human existence. Say, “Life is full of misery,” and every human knows exactly what you mean. Say, “Life is full of bliss” and they look at you as if you must be insane, when they are so miserable.

cc: Simply concluded, and as David Hume put it, either God is not trying because he is “malevolent” or he is unable to because He is “impotent.”

jc: Indeed, so far God has been impotent against man’s inhumanity to man. One cannot find a single instance of a war that God stopped, from invisibility. If the carnage on the battlefield has been a little less due to the Holy Spirit’s efforts, there is little sign of this.

cc: These marks also contradict the fully-realized definition of God, so this being in question perhaps is not God, the entity that Abraham’s descendants worship/ed isn’t the embodiment of goodness, or there is no entity in question.

jc: What is called “the fully-realized definition” means “the fully-imaginary definition,” which is to say that God would be like a man with power to do anything that He likes. The trilemma here given ignores a fourth option, that men are filled with self-will and will not heed God’s instructions or reproofs. God has appeared weak, but men strong.

cc: But my objections take root in the claim that God has not tried to stop it.

jc: Indeed, God’s power is notable by its seeming absence, where men decide everything.

cc: Firstly, I conceded that in a macroscopic regard, He absolutely has let things slide that have caused His people’s harm, confusion, and pain enough for them to stop believing in Him.

jc: It must be noted this harm, confusion and pain is intracreaturely (between the creatures), not from God, the human body itself, or the splendid globe God has made. God hasn’t let things slide; men were already slid, or fallen. Furthermore any creature who makes such a statement points three fingers at himself, pointing one at his neighbors. Only one who can demonstrate himself outside the human class is fit to criticize or judge. Those who are inside that class continue causing harm, confusion, and pain to the others.

cc: However, the bigger picture is never always the only picture that observers should consider.

jc: I’d be impressed if someone could start considering it, for the whole future is at stake.

cc: The greatest example of God’s literal presence among man was sending His Son/Himself to live among people.

jc: This isn’t a typo but is accurate speaking, God takes embodiment Himself as the Incarnation. There are not two Gods for Earth (lamentably, from my perspective). This remains the greatest example, and Christians were wrong to outlaw Jesus’ birth again.

cc: This effort is better than no effort, provided that we as a people we’re banned from salvation until Christ’s death.

jc: Christianity is the church of the perpetually crucified Lord. They think they have God just where they want Him, weak and dying, while their plans to ruin the future proceed. So unless you show me one man who would not kill Christ, I think you are not yet saved.

cc: Interestingly, Christ struggled just as man did (and to the point where He doubted that God/Himself had His best interests in heart), but his torture and death were for a greater cause.

jc: Jesus knew little of torture, but would come to know of it. The Incarnation is radically different from a man, and nothing the Lord does is anything like what a man does. To say such a thing pays heed only to externals, ignoring the fact the Incarnation has no soul, but is inhabited directly by the Creator’s consciousness. Jesus accomplished nothing by His death but to hoodwink humanity, in what amounts to the biggest scam ever seen in history, curbing humanity’s worst tendencies, but having virtually no effect on salvation.

cc: This is not to dismiss the horrendous realities that cancer victims, abductees, or concentration camp survivors have gone through as merely cogs in the great machine that is God’s plan; these pains are very real and they are all victims.

jc: God holds the blame for cancer only among the woes listed, as by far the greatest suffering on Earth is from man’s abuse and neglect of his fellow man, in cruel systems. Yet God does not necessarily see these suffering individuals as victims, for as they suffer, so do they cause suffering. Pointedly, they’d make God suffer, did He try to intervene.

cc: But the example of Christ taking on comparable pains not only shows that God permits bad things happening to innocent people, but also that they are for a reason.

jc: Now you’ve caught me, that it has a good effect for the people to see the Lord bear suffering, as they must bear some suffering too. The Lord’s suffering is far deeper, but through it He lights the way to a better future for all. Yet His suffering is not salvational.

cc: I am unaware of that reason, but I believe that the salvation He promised everyone is enough to make up for lifetimes of pain, regardless if they were first-hand or second-hand experiences.

jc: The sad truth is that even were humans handed Heaven, they’d soon be just as miserable as they are on Earth. The human is not yet capable of bliss. Power and purity are required in the soul. The proof is that Earth is already a heavenly place, but no one makes it so. The martyrs and the missionaries follow this line, that “their reward is great in Heaven,” but that statement was something like a kick in the teeth of greedy humanity.

cc: I also do not believe that He would send His own Son/Himself to go through a historically brutal and extended execution without having a far greater goal in mind for in the aftermath.

jc: Christianity was a worthwhile project, but as Jesus predicted it is dead to Him now.

cc: For why we are limited to such narrow views and to incomplete answers, I also am not able to answer; the closest thing to an answer I can provide is either that we are not capable of the full extent of the true answer, or that God’s eyes are only capable of fully comprehending it.

jc: Jesus’ death was not a total sacrifice, as men conclude because of body-identification. Others who suffer untimely deaths can recall Jesus, and now, those who are in accidents.

cc: The last time we reached for knowledge, we brought death into our world.

jc: Is the remark intended to be ironic? No one questioned Jesus carefully, nor did He explain Himself clearly. A parable is a sneaky way to teach, allowing any interpretation.

cc: While I hope that we get a semblance of answers someday, I do not believe that such a time is currently upon us. There is already enough suffering in our world.

jc: The sentences seem to imply that further teachings from the Lord will bring suffering! Possibly if the Lord appears the response must be delayed, for decades or more, since violence may come from Christians, now nestling in smugness, calling themselves saved.

Maxximiliann

• 1547 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 12:50:25 pm »
First, a common misperception must be clarified first. Many think of Almighty God as the ruler of this world, the one who is in direct control of everything that happens. “Not one atom or molecule of the universe is outside his active rule,” said the president of one theological seminary. But does the Bible teach that?

Not at all. Many are surprised to learn what the Bible says about who really is the ruler of the world. 1 John 5:19 reveals: “We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the Evil one.” (WNT) Who is this Evil one? Christ Jesus identified him as none other than Satan the Devil himself. (John 14:30) But that makes more sense, doesn’t it? After all, Satan is cruel, deceptive, and hateful — traits that underlie many of the causes for the suffering people experience all across the globe.

Why, though, would God allow Satan to rule?

Let’s use an illustration to help us better understand what’s going on exactly. For instance, just how might an adoring and capable mother or father feel if suddenly charged with being negligent and deceptive with their young children as well as abusing their authority over them? Would they disprove those slanderous allegations by assaulting their accuser? Certainly not! Without a doubt, by responding like this, they would give credibility to the charges.

This depiction helps clarify Jehovah God’s strategy for managing the challenge raised against him at the dawn of man’s historical past in a region identified as Eden. There God Almighty announced to the very first pair of human beings, Adam and Eve, a fantastic undertaking. These were to fill up the globe, take care of it, and thus transform it into a worldwide paradise. (Genesis 1:28)

Truly being a big-hearted Father, Jehovah handed Adam and Eve an exquisite haven with all of its succulent fruits. Just one tree, though, was not in bounds for them — “the tree of the knowledge of good and bad.” By avoiding this tree, Adam and Eve would indeed display their absolute trust in their Father, accepting that he had the right to determine that which was good and evil for his children . — Genesis 2:16, 17.

Lamentably, one amongst God’s spirit sons, inspired by the want to be worshiped, led Eve to mistakenly believe that when she consumed the outlawed fruit, she would never perish. (Genesis 2:17; 3:1–5) And so, this evil angel, Satan, flagrantly contradicted God, in effect calling him a liar! To boot, Satan proceeded to accuse God of withholding critical facts from Adam and Eve. Humanity, Satan suggested, could determine on their own what was good and what was bad. Stated more forcefully, Satan charged God of being an unfit Sovereign and Father insinuating that he could perform a significantly better job himself if only given a chance.

Through the use of these astute and fatal mendacities, this angel fashioned himself into Satan the Devil. (From the ancient Hebrew his name means “Resister the Slanderer.”) But how did Adam and Eve respond to these outrageous allegations from this complete stranger? Did the profound love and gratitude they felt for their Father compel them to defend His honor vigorously? Did they berate him for even daring to insinuate their Father was anything but a kind, generous and loving God?

Far from it. Tragically, these ingrates chose to side with Satan and turn their backs on God. — Genesis 3:6.

True, Jehovah could have eradicated these rebels right then and there but bear in mind, as we already saw with our representation above, these kinds of issues can never be worked out with violent retaliation. Take into account too that when Satan confronted God Almighty, many angels were paying close attention to what was happening in Eden.

And so, by enticing Adam and Eve into deciding on autonomy from their Maker, Satan established a family who would, in fact, not be self-reliant but, as you see, live under his thumb. Prompted consciously or unwittingly by their “father,” the Devil, this family would be made to adopt his standards and values. (John 8:44)

Still, might this way of life bring them true liberty as well as enduring happiness? Jehovah understood full well that it would never. Even so, he left the rebels to go after their ill-fated ambition, for only by doing so could the dilemma brought up in Eden find a resolution for all time.

So, for upwards of 6,000 years now, humankind has erected one society after another, experimenting with more and more varieties of rulership and rules of behavior. What do you think of the results? Are you overjoyed with the outcome? Would you say the human family is happy, undisturbed, and united? Undeniably, the answer is absolutely no! In its place, wars, famines, catastrophes, disease, together with the unspeakable loss of life has besieged humanity, inflicting “futility,” “pain,” and “groaning,” much like the Holy Bible reported long ago. — Romans 8:19–22; Ecclesiastes 8:9. The people of the world have ruined “their lives by their foolishness [but] then are angry at the LORD.” -Proverbs 19:3 (NLT) (Bracket mine.)

Nonetheless, some might wonder, ‘Why has God not averted these disasters?’ Honestly, that would certainly be an injustice, as it would undoubtedly blur the issue by creating the impression that rebelling against God is without dangerous repercussions. Accordingly, Jehovah has not been in the background protecting against all the crimes and calamities that result, explicitly or in a roundabout way, from disobedience to him. Jehovah could never be party to the fatal myth that Satan’s approach could turn out well!

Notwithstanding, Jehovah has not been apathetic to what has befallen his creation. Truth be told, since the rebellion in Eden, he has been very active. Case in point, he inspired Bible amanuensis to document his assurance that a future “seed” would undoubtedly overthrow Satan and his failed rulership. (Genesis 3:15) On top of that, via that Seed, God would constitute a governing administration, a heavenly Kingdom, which would bless obedient ones, end all causes of misery and even death itself. — Genesis 22:18; Psalm 46:9; 72:16; Isaiah 25:8; 33:24; Daniel 7:13, 14.

As a step towards the fulfillment of these wonderful promises, Jehovah sent to the earth the One who would become the Ruler of that Kingdom; this one being none other than Jesus Christ, his very own Son. (Galatians 3:16) In accordance with God’s purpose for him, Jesus focused his teaching on God’s Kingdom. (Luke 4:43) In fact, Christ provided a living preview of what he would accomplish as King of that Kingdom. He fed the hungry by the thousands, healed the sick, resurrected the dead, and even showed his power over the natural elements by calming a violent storm. (Matthew 14:14–21; Mark 4:37–39; John 11:43, 44) Concerning Jesus, the Bible states: “No matter how many the promises of God are, they have become Yes by means of him.” — 2 Corinthians 1:20.

All those who listen to Jesus and come “out of the world” — the system of things that is estranged from God and ruled by Satan — are welcomed into Jehovah’s family. (John 15:19) Love governs this global family of sedulous Christians committed to peace and marked by their determination to eradicate any trace of bigotry and racism from its midst. — Malachi 3:17, 18; John 13:34, 35. Instead of upholding the views and ideals of the present world, sedulous Christians support and proclaim God’s Kingdom in obedience to Jesus’ command recorded at Matthew 24:14.

Now think: Who preach the “good news of the kingdom” worldwide? Who have refused, as a global spiritual family, to engage in warfare or participate in divisive national/tribal disputes? And who let God’s Word guide their conduct whether its lofty standards are popular or not? (1 John 5:3)

If you haven’t already done so, you would do well to find these and join them.

Source
May the “God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory . . . give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the accurate knowledge of him." -Ephesians 1:17

jayceeii

• 480 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 05:50:47 pm »
First, a common misperception must be clarified first. Many think of Almighty God as the ruler of this world, the one who is in direct control of everything that happens. “Not one atom or molecule of the universe is outside his active rule,” said the president of one theological seminary. But does the Bible teach that?

Not at all. Many are surprised to learn what the Bible says about who really is the ruler of the world. 1 John 5:19 reveals: “We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the Evil one.” (WNT) Who is this Evil one? Christ Jesus identified him as none other than Satan the Devil himself. (John 14:30) But that makes more sense, doesn’t it? After all, Satan is cruel, deceptive, and hateful — traits that underlie many of the causes for the suffering people experience all across the globe.

Why, though, would God allow Satan to rule?

Let’s use an illustration to help us better understand what’s going on exactly. For instance, just how might an adoring and capable mother or father feel if suddenly charged with being negligent and deceptive with their young children as well as abusing their authority over them? Would they disprove those slanderous allegations by assaulting their accuser? Certainly not! Without a doubt, by responding like this, they would give credibility to the charges.

This depiction helps clarify Jehovah God’s strategy for managing the challenge raised against him at the dawn of man’s historical past in a region identified as Eden. There God Almighty announced to the very first pair of human beings, Adam and Eve, a fantastic undertaking. These were to fill up the globe, take care of it, and thus transform it into a worldwide paradise. (Genesis 1:28)

Truly being a big-hearted Father, Jehovah handed Adam and Eve an exquisite haven with all of its succulent fruits. Just one tree, though, was not in bounds for them — “the tree of the knowledge of good and bad.” By avoiding this tree, Adam and Eve would indeed display their absolute trust in their Father, accepting that he had the right to determine that which was good and evil for his children . — Genesis 2:16, 17.

Lamentably, one amongst God’s spirit sons, inspired by the want to be worshiped, led Eve to mistakenly believe that when she consumed the outlawed fruit, she would never perish. (Genesis 2:17; 3:1–5) And so, this evil angel, Satan, flagrantly contradicted God, in effect calling him a liar! To boot, Satan proceeded to accuse God of withholding critical facts from Adam and Eve. Humanity, Satan suggested, could determine on their own what was good and what was bad. Stated more forcefully, Satan charged God of being an unfit Sovereign and Father insinuating that he could perform a significantly better job himself if only given a chance.

Through the use of these astute and fatal mendacities, this angel fashioned himself into Satan the Devil. (From the ancient Hebrew his name means “Resister the Slanderer.”) But how did Adam and Eve respond to these outrageous allegations from this complete stranger? Did the profound love and gratitude they felt for their Father compel them to defend His honor vigorously? Did they berate him for even daring to insinuate their Father was anything but a kind, generous and loving God?

Far from it. Tragically, these ingrates chose to side with Satan and turn their backs on God. — Genesis 3:6.

True, Jehovah could have eradicated these rebels right then and there but bear in mind, as we already saw with our representation above, these kinds of issues can never be worked out with violent retaliation. Take into account too that when Satan confronted God Almighty, many angels were paying close attention to what was happening in Eden.

And so, by enticing Adam and Eve into deciding on autonomy from their Maker, Satan established a family who would, in fact, not be self-reliant but, as you see, live under his thumb. Prompted consciously or unwittingly by their “father,” the Devil, this family would be made to adopt his standards and values. (John 8:44)

Still, might this way of life bring them true liberty as well as enduring happiness? Jehovah understood full well that it would never. Even so, he left the rebels to go after their ill-fated ambition, for only by doing so could the dilemma brought up in Eden find a resolution for all time.

So, for upwards of 6,000 years now, humankind has erected one society after another, experimenting with more and more varieties of rulership and rules of behavior. What do you think of the results? Are you overjoyed with the outcome? Would you say the human family is happy, undisturbed, and united? Undeniably, the answer is absolutely no! In its place, wars, famines, catastrophes, disease, together with the unspeakable loss of life has besieged humanity, inflicting “futility,” “pain,” and “groaning,” much like the Holy Bible reported long ago. — Romans 8:19–22; Ecclesiastes 8:9. The people of the world have ruined “their lives by their foolishness [but] then are angry at the LORD.” -Proverbs 19:3 (NLT) (Bracket mine.)

Nonetheless, some might wonder, ‘Why has God not averted these disasters?’ Honestly, that would certainly be an injustice, as it would undoubtedly blur the issue by creating the impression that rebelling against God is without dangerous repercussions. Accordingly, Jehovah has not been in the background protecting against all the crimes and calamities that result, explicitly or in a roundabout way, from disobedience to him. Jehovah could never be party to the fatal myth that Satan’s approach could turn out well!

Notwithstanding, Jehovah has not been apathetic to what has befallen his creation. Truth be told, since the rebellion in Eden, he has been very active. Case in point, he inspired Bible amanuensis to document his assurance that a future “seed” would undoubtedly overthrow Satan and his failed rulership. (Genesis 3:15) On top of that, via that Seed, God would constitute a governing administration, a heavenly Kingdom, which would bless obedient ones, end all causes of misery and even death itself. — Genesis 22:18; Psalm 46:9; 72:16; Isaiah 25:8; 33:24; Daniel 7:13, 14.

As a step towards the fulfillment of these wonderful promises, Jehovah sent to the earth the One who would become the Ruler of that Kingdom; this one being none other than Jesus Christ, his very own Son. (Galatians 3:16) In accordance with God’s purpose for him, Jesus focused his teaching on God’s Kingdom. (Luke 4:43) In fact, Christ provided a living preview of what he would accomplish as King of that Kingdom. He fed the hungry by the thousands, healed the sick, resurrected the dead, and even showed his power over the natural elements by calming a violent storm. (Matthew 14:14–21; Mark 4:37–39; John 11:43, 44) Concerning Jesus, the Bible states: “No matter how many the promises of God are, they have become Yes by means of him.” — 2 Corinthians 1:20.

All those who listen to Jesus and come “out of the world” — the system of things that is estranged from God and ruled by Satan — are welcomed into Jehovah’s family. (John 15:19) Love governs this global family of sedulous Christians committed to peace and marked by their determination to eradicate any trace of bigotry and racism from its midst. — Malachi 3:17, 18; John 13:34, 35. Instead of upholding the views and ideals of the present world, sedulous Christians support and proclaim God’s Kingdom in obedience to Jesus’ command recorded at Matthew 24:14.

Now think: Who preach the “good news of the kingdom” worldwide? Who have refused, as a global spiritual family, to engage in warfare or participate in divisive national/tribal disputes? And who let God’s Word guide their conduct whether its lofty standards are popular or not? (1 John 5:3)

If you haven’t already done so, you would do well to find these and join them.
This appears to be a summary of the Christian story, or one might say theory or formula, presented by one Christian. Most Christians would agree with it generally, though disputing the exact phraseology. In a world where no one knows, fabrications pass for reality. All of the religions have a certain cartoonish quality, particularly when it comes to existential questions. Here Adam, Eve and Satan are posited to be actual persons, but no one can point to them or serious evidence they exist. Christians carve out a mental space for “father of lies,” but no one has seen or met him, meaning there is little content in the idea. Men encounter difficulties attempting to think about existence, because their experience is of the body and senses. God finds no one on the planet with serious inquiry.