Jesus

Incarnation

Read 655 times

jayceeii

• 180 Posts
    • View Profile
Being With Jesus?
« on: February 14, 2019, 02:06:07 pm »
All my life I’ve seen Christian faces rapturous with thoughts of “being with Jesus,” but for the life of me I don’t know what they mean or expect as they use such phrases. I’d have to guess they think they’re going to get a mansion in Heaven, where they also consider themselves to be “laying up treasure by serving the Lord,” here on Earth. I can testify that whether or not they actually wish to be with Jesus, they definitely do not want to be with me. In any social group I am pushed to the outside quickly, judged irrelevant.

It’s also been curious for me to witness some of their strange ceremonies, where they chant, “Jesus has all authority here,” but I don’t see any actual authority of Jesus there. If Jesus is known for one thing, it was for frequently shouting, “Hypocrites!” as if knowing this was the most that could arise from His extraordinarily vague teaching. Christians have an image of the Lord, but I don’t think they have Jesus Himself. You’d think following Christ, Christians would develop warm personalities. I have not found it so.