lapwing

• 8715 Posts
    • View Profile
    • Not my website but explains my choice of name and avatar
Re: There Is No Climate Crisis, & Proposed Solutions Are Harmful
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2019, 07:01:33 pm »
In a previous thread (Stewardship of the Earth?) Wretch made a lot about the increase in Antarctic sea ice.

Well it's crashed since 2014 but I don't recall Wretch commenting on this.

'Precipitous' fall in Antarctic sea ice since 2014 revealed
Plunge is far faster than in Arctic and may lead to more global heating, say scientists

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/01/precipitous-fall-in-antarctic-sea-ice-revealed

For by one sacrifice Jesus has made perfect forever those who are being sanctified.

"Those who are still afraid of men have no fear of God, and those who have fear of God have ceased to be afraid of men"
"If the world refuses justice, the Christian will pursue mercy"
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Trinity

• 28422 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2019, 07:08:55 pm »
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. - Psalm 19:1

Trinity

• 28422 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2019, 07:27:55 pm »
In a previous thread (Stewardship of the Earth?) Wretch made a lot about the increase in Antarctic sea ice.

Well it's crashed since 2014 but I don't recall Wretch commenting on this.

'Precipitous' fall in Antarctic sea ice since 2014 revealed
Plunge is far faster than in Arctic and may lead to more global heating, say scientists

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/01/precipitous-fall-in-antarctic-sea-ice-revealed

Eugenics and climate change propaganda are two sides of the same coin:

Want to fight climate change? Have fewer children
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jul/12/want-to-fight-climate-change-have-fewer-children

Only western babies are evil, of course. Other babies are apparently good and don't cause climate change:

Why have four children when you could have seven? Family planning in Niger
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development-professionals-network/2017/mar/15/why-have-four-children-when-you-could-have-seven-contraception-niger
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. - Psalm 19:1

Johan Biemans (jbiemans)

• 12672 Posts
  • WCBP - http://tinyurl.com/agmwhpj
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2019, 07:37:34 pm »
Yes, who would possibly want a sustainable clean energy grid that is based on renewable energy sources rather than a limited amount of fossil fuels ?

Who could possibly want cleaner air and less garbage and waste being created.

Trinity

• 28422 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2019, 07:53:22 pm »
Johan,

Then you should be in support of nuclear energy. No carbon emission, cheap, safe, abundant and sustainable. Nuclear energy is a much better option than killing babies as The Guardian seems to prefer.

Johan Biemans (jbiemans)

• 12672 Posts
  • WCBP - http://tinyurl.com/agmwhpj
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2019, 08:10:11 pm »
Johan,

Then you should be in support of nuclear energy. No carbon emission, cheap, safe, abundant and sustainable. Nuclear energy is a much better option than killing babies as The Guardian seems to prefer.

I am in support of the modern new methods of generating power through nuclear.  Canada is actually a leading developer in new reactor technologies and Ontario ( the province I live in ) gets over half its energy from nuclear, almost a quarter from hydro electric plants, and 0 from coal.

Trinity

• 28422 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2019, 08:59:48 pm »
Johan,

That is good news for babies and for the climate. No need to kill the former to save the latter.

Wretch

• 2494 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2019, 09:12:42 pm »
Yes, who would possibly want a sustainable clean energy grid that is based on renewable energy sources rather than a limited amount of fossil fuels ?

If a rush to force that costs/harms more than it benefits, then it's undesirable.

Are you assuming there are no costs/harm? 

See here's the thing, the transition to non-fossil fuel energy will happen on its own soon enough.

In the mean time there's no grave rush or cause for alarm.

kurros

• 11669 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2019, 12:50:07 am »

If a rush to force that costs/harms more than it benefits, then it's undesirable.

Are you assuming there are no costs/harm? 

See here's the thing, the transition to non-fossil fuel energy will happen on its own soon enough.

In the mean time there's no grave rush or cause for alarm.

There wouldn't have been a rush if people listened to climate scientists about 50 years ago.

lapwing

• 8715 Posts
    • View Profile
    • Not my website but explains my choice of name and avatar
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2019, 04:09:23 am »
Quote from: Trinity
NASA Study: Mass Gains of Antarctic Ice Sheet Greater than Losses
Your NASA report is out of date. It was published in 2o15 and referred to a 2013 report which in turn referred to data up to 2008. This is gross deception. on your part.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 04:11:15 am by lapwing »
For by one sacrifice Jesus has made perfect forever those who are being sanctified.

"Those who are still afraid of men have no fear of God, and those who have fear of God have ceased to be afraid of men"
"If the world refuses justice, the Christian will pursue mercy"
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

TheCross

• 5335 Posts
  • Follower of christ.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2019, 04:15:23 am »
I never understood this debate, everyone is offering the world solutions to real or fake problems yet nobody has adressed the first problem, which is:

India and China cause 80-90% of the worlds polution(the figure varies from paper to paper that I’ve read) so how are we going to bring the worst countries to the table?

How many hundered of millions will enter poverty with the requirements promoted by the solutioners in the west?
Gal 2:20: I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Trinity

• 28422 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2019, 04:29:07 am »
Lapwing,

So a few years difference is all it takes to go from the ice sheets are growing to we are all going to die if we don't do anything? Has it ever occurred to you that ice grows and shrinks and grows again cyclically? Like I said, climate change is a truism and every research on the climate will show climate change. Ice growing is change, ice shrinking is change. What is surprising about that? Scientists can't predict what the climate will do hundred years from now, that much we know by now. But what are you doing to save the climate? According to The Guardian, the solution is to kill babies and become vegan, I like to know what your take is on this.

TheCross,

China and India are marginalised, so they can do whatever they want. As for you and me, we are privileged, so we need to check it at the door and do as climate scientists say or risk being called climate change denialists.

kurros

• 11669 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2019, 04:36:42 am »
I never understood this debate, everyone is offering the world solutions to real or fake problems yet nobody has adressed the first problem, which is:

India and China cause 80-90% of the worlds polution(the figure varies from paper to paper that I’ve read) so how are we going to bring the worst countries to the table?

How many hundered of millions will enter poverty with the requirements promoted by the solutioners in the west?

The U.S.A's cumulative CO2 emissions are still double China's, and eight times India's. So before the U.S.A. has a leg to stand on here they will have to embark on a carbon capture program the scale of which the world has never seen.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/cumulative-co-emissions?tab=chart

Even in the annual emission figures the U.S.A. is still double India (and China only pulled into the lead in 2006)

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/annual-co2-emissions-per-country?tab=chart

And on a per-capita basis the U.S.A. is still the world leader in CO2 emissions:

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/co-emissions-per-capita?tab=chart
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 04:44:46 am by kurros »

Trinity

• 28422 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2019, 04:45:30 am »
Kurros,

Reducing CO2 emissions will negatively affect the lives of hundreds of millions of people. But climate change scientists don't care about that, because they believe that the world is overpopulated and their proposed solutions entail eugenics, namely killing babies and removing meat from the human diet.

Want to fight climate change? Have fewer children
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jul/12/want-to-fight-climate-change-have-fewer-children

UN urges global move to meat and dairy-free diet
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2010/jun/02/un-report-meat-free-diet

Climate change propaganda is eugenics involving reducing human population. Margaret Sanger also supported eugenics to reduce the human population by getting rid of the ''menace'':

The Eugenic Value of Birth Control Propaganda
https://www.nyu.edu/projects/sanger/webedition/app/documents/show.php?sangerDoc=238946.xml

Wretch is right, the proposed solutions are harmful.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 04:50:13 am by Trinity »

kurros

• 11669 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2019, 04:49:35 am »
Kurros,

Reducing CO2 emissions will negatively affect the lives of hundreds of millions of people. But climate change scientists don't care about that, because they believe that the world is overpopulated and their proposed solutions entail eugenics, namely killing babies and removing meat from the human diet.

Uh no, that is complete and utter rubbish, in both sentences. Climate change is what will negatively affect the lives of hundreds of millions of people, and they suggest things like using renewable energy, nuclear energy, replanting forests, and extracting CO2 from the atmosphere, not killing babies. As for meat, they suggest reducing it, not removing it. Which is not just good for the planet, but also health. People in the West eat a truly ridiculous amount of meat, and it is killing both them and the environment

When you make posts like that it really reduces your credibility to absolute zero.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 04:51:48 am by kurros »