Trinity

• 28422 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: There Is No Climate Crisis, & Proposed Solutions Are Harmful
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2019, 10:30:26 am »
Lapwing,

The Guardian support abortion in order to achieve the goal of having fewer children. This does not have to be mentioned in every article they write, rather it is a given. The Guardian also uses language to reflect their support of abortion:

Why the Guardian is changing the language it uses to describe abortion bans
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/07/abortion-the-guardian-style-guide
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. - Psalm 19:1

Wretch

• 2494 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2019, 11:02:17 pm »
Why think there is a climate crisis when there isn't?

Intentional gross deception.

Just one example.

There are many more examples, including within the "scientific" community.

Mammal

• 3973 Posts
  • De facto
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2019, 01:37:07 am »
The really sad thing is that people like Wretch won't even allow themselves to broaden their horizons and to critically research the topic. It is a preference of a particular conviction and thus to selectively follow social media that would strengthen that conviction. It is not about the truth. It's akin to Trinity's belief in geocentrism, or the flat earth society, YEC, evolution denial, name it. This NY article nicely captures and explores this phenomenon.
Fact, Fiction or Superstition?
Thank God For Evolution
The Evolution Of God

lapwing

• 8642 Posts
    • View Profile
    • Not my website but explains my choice of name and avatar
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2019, 08:10:12 am »
Lapwing,

The Guardian support abortion in order to achieve the goal of having fewer children. This does not have to be mentioned in every article they write, rather it is a given. The Guardian also uses language to reflect their support of abortion:

Given that you had linked two Guardian articles in a post only two posts before your "as The Guardian seems to prefer" comment, you were referring to those two articles which were about family planning not abortion.

As previously stated,  your method is troll-lose argument-divert- troll again, ad infinitum
For by one sacrifice Jesus has made perfect forever those who are being sanctified.

"Those who are still afraid of men have no fear of God, and those who have fear of God have ceased to be afraid of men"
"If the world refuses justice, the Christian will pursue mercy"
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

lapwing

• 8642 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2019, 08:24:34 am »
Extracts from Mammal's excellent article from the New Yorker:

Vaccine fears, for example, have persisted despite decades of research showing them to be unfounded. Some twenty-five years ago, a statistical analysis suggested a possible association between autism and thimerosal, a preservative used in vaccines to prevent bacterial contamination. The analysis turned out to be flawed, but fears took hold. Scientists then carried out hundreds of studies, and found no link. Still, fears persisted. Countries removed the preservative but experienced no reduction in autism—yet fears grew. A British study claimed a connection between the onset of autism in eight children and the timing of their vaccinations for measles, mumps, and rubella. That paper was retracted due to findings of fraud: the lead author had falsified and misrepresented the data on the children. Repeated efforts to confirm the findings were unsuccessful. Nonetheless, vaccine rates plunged, leading to outbreaks of measles and mumps that, last year, sickened tens of thousands of children across the U.S., Canada, and Europe, and resulted in deaths.

People are prone to resist scientific claims when they clash with intuitive beliefs. They don’t see measles or mumps around anymore. They do see children with autism. And they see a mom who says, “My child was perfectly fine until he got a vaccine and became autistic.”

Now, you can tell them that correlation is not causation. You can say that children get a vaccine every two to three months for the first couple years of their life, so the onset of any illness is bound to follow vaccination for many kids. You can say that the science shows no connection. But once an idea has got embedded and become widespread, it becomes very difficult to dig it out of people’s brains—especially when they do not trust scientific authorities. And we are experiencing a significant decline in trust in scientific authorities.
Science’s defenders have identified five hallmark moves of pseudoscientists. They argue that the scientific consensus emerges from a conspiracy to suppress dissenting views. They produce fake experts, who have views contrary to established knowledge but do not actually have a credible scientific track record. They cherry-pick the data and papers that challenge the dominant view as a means of discrediting an entire field. They deploy false analogies and other logical fallacies. And they set impossible expectations of research: when scientists produce one level of certainty, the pseudoscientists insist they achieve another.
The evidence is that rebutting bad science doesn’t work; in fact, it commonly backfires. Describing facts that contradict an unscientific belief actually spreads familiarity with the belief and strengthens the conviction of believers. That’s just the way the brain operates; misinformation sticks, in part because it gets incorporated into a person’s mental model of how the world works. Stripping out the misinformation therefore fails, because it threatens to leave a painful gap in that mental model—or no model at all.
Rebutting bad science may not be effective, but asserting the true facts of good science is. And including the narrative that explains them is even better. You don’t focus on what’s wrong with the vaccine myths, for instance. Instead, you point out: giving children vaccines has proved far safer than not. How do we know? Because of a massive body of evidence, including the fact that we’ve tried the alternate experiment before. Between 1989 and 1991, vaccination among poor urban children in the U.S. dropped. And the result was fifty-five thousand cases of measles and a hundred and twenty-three deaths.

Will Wretch, Trinity et al read it?
For by one sacrifice Jesus has made perfect forever those who are being sanctified.

"Those who are still afraid of men have no fear of God, and those who have fear of God have ceased to be afraid of men"
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Trinity

• 28422 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2019, 03:40:31 pm »
Questiong the words of fallible men with agendas and hidden assumptions should be encouraged. This is what science is supposed to be, but unfortunately it has ceased to be that especially with the reproducibility crisis facing science right now. Be vigilant, don't take what comes out of science as the gospel truth. But it is good to know that more people are beginning to question science, as Mammal's article mentions, but contrary to the article's sentiment, this is not a bad thing, but a good thing. A quote:

''But as a community endeavor, it is beautifully self-correcting.''

The mythical ''self-correction'' always pops up when science is questioned. The reproducibility crisis amongst others has shown that not to be the case. How are scientists supposed to correct something if they can't reproduce it in the first place? These are not easy questions to answer, hence why it is important not to take their words for granted.
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. - Psalm 19:1

Trinity

• 28422 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2019, 03:56:40 pm »
Lapwing,

Given that you had linked two Guardian articles in a post only two posts before your "as The Guardian seems to prefer" comment, you were referring to those two articles which were about family planning not abortion.

As previously stated,  your method is troll-lose argument-divert- troll again, ad infinitum

And what do you suppose the euphemism ''family planning'' entails? Let me make it easy for you by mentioning the available options:

Abstinence.
Contraception.
Abortion.

Do you think that the UN and their mouthpiece The Guardian support abstinence till mariage? Unlikely, they are about sexual revolution and everything that comes along with it. They want to ''save the climate'' by having people (not all people, just people living in the west) to have fewer children. Of course, this policy of having fewer children via contraception and abortion contradicts their other policies on replacement migration. But they don't care about contradictions, because they assume that plebs like me don't notice it. Well, I do notice it and so do other plebs.

TheCross

• 5257 Posts
  • Follower of christ.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2019, 06:24:04 am »
Vaccine fears is an area I have been heavily involved with and I can tell you that the first section of that article quoted is sheer garbage.

2804 people were severly ill due to the mad cow vaccine fifteen or so years back, untested and pre-matured usage of the vaccine caused severe deformaties and has resulted in monumental problems for the people effected, to argue that those critical of vaccine implementation are so due to any ideological beliefs is also sheer garbage as that is unsupported and has nothing at all to do with reality.

Vaccines that are promoted as a product are the ones people are sceptical of, it is not illogical, immoral or stupid to be critical of vaccines, the harm they can cause is not insignificant, my relative and another friend can barely function, and the people that did not take the early batches and later refused to do so(myself included) are not viewed as ”crazy”.

It would be crazy to just accept everything at face value and have no shred of indepth study of the things you are told to require insertion into your own body.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 06:26:25 am by TheCross »
Gal 2:20: I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

lapwing

• 8642 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2019, 06:54:21 am »
Another important point, Trinity.

The original Guardian article you linked summarized a report from Lund University which did not specify "killing babies" or abortion. You invented the idea that that emotive term was involved. That's deception i.e. lying. There was nothing about western babies being "evil" either. More lying by you.

Quote from: Wikipedia
Abortion is not considered a component of family planning,[4] although access to contraception and family planning reduces the need for abortion.[5]

There is good evidence here that you are a liar on this forum, Trinity.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

lapwing

• 8642 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2019, 06:59:00 am »
TheCross,

Don't bother providing your source on information will you? And what has this got to do with the MMR vaccine and consequent increase in measles cases? It was crazy to accept the false research on MMR at face value and many people are now paying for it including many unnecessary deaths.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 07:01:25 am by lapwing »

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

TheCross

• 5257 Posts
  • Follower of christ.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2019, 08:19:08 am »
TheCross,

Don't bother providing your source on information will you? And what has this got to do with the MMR vaccine and consequent increase in measles cases? It was crazy to accept the false research on MMR at face value and many people are now paying for it including many unnecessary deaths.

From your article ”Vaccine fears, for example, have persisted despite decades of research showing them to be unfounded.”

It’s a broad sweep, I do not see anything specific even if the article mentions specific deseases later on.
I also stated whom the effected were, my relative and another friend, would you like a ph.D article on that or what?
WHO has everything you wish to find out about vaccines and other stuff related to global health issues of all kinds.
Gal 2:20: I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Trinity

• 28422 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2019, 12:12:10 pm »
Another important point, Trinity.

The original Guardian article you linked summarized a report from Lund University which did not specify "killing babies" or abortion. You invented the idea that that emotive term was involved. That's deception i.e. lying. There was nothing about western babies being "evil" either. More lying by you.

Quote from: Wikipedia
Abortion is not considered a component of family planning,[4] although access to contraception and family planning reduces the need for abortion.[5]

There is good evidence here that you are a liar on this forum, Trinity.

Wikipedia, another mouthpiece of the UN & CO. I have had just about enough of your accusation of me being a liar. For your information:

Family Planning, A GLOBAL HANDBOOK FOR PROVIDERS

The 2018 edition of the Handbook includes new WHO recommendations that expand contraceptive choices. For example, WHO now recommends that breastfeeding women can start progestogen-only pills or contraceptive implants any time after childbirth. More contraceptive options are now included: ulipristal acetate for emergency contraception; sub-cutaneous injection of DMPA; and the progesterone-releasing vaginal ring. Also, guidance on starting ongoing contraception following emergency contraception is provided. An important message throughout is WHO’s recommendation that adolescent girls and young women are medically eligible to use any contraceptive method. In addition, the Handbook highlights opportunities for task sharing among providers to make contraceptive methods more available. This edition also includes the latest WHO guidance on hormonal contraception and HIV and advice for counselling clients at risk of HIV infection on their contraceptive choices.

Am I still a liar? This is a handbook on family planning including contraception and abortion as methods thereof.

Trinity

• 28422 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2019, 12:22:24 pm »
Also notice that the previous handbook treats abstinence as a ''back up''. Meaning that they prefer contraception and abortion above abstinence. Further relevant:

The Connection between Contraception and Abortion
http://www.goodmorals.org/smith4.htm

wonderer

• 14672 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2019, 12:52:58 pm »
I have had just about enough of your accusation of me being a liar.

Oh good.  Does this mean you are on the verge of turning over a new leaf, and you are going to stop lying?

Keep up the good work Lapwing.
"The world needed that of us, to maintain—by our example, by our very existence—a world that would keep learning and questioning, that would remain free in thought, inquiry, and word." - Alice Dreger

Trinity

• 28422 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2019, 12:57:24 pm »
Wonderer,

Are you going to stop beating your wife?

I have supported my claims with evidence from none other than the World Health Organization, Department of Reproductive Health and Research, Johns Hopkins, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Center for Communication Programs, Knowledge for Health Project. Read their handbook which I linked to earlier.