Joeltron81

• 5 Posts
    • View Profile
Bart Ehrman's Best Debate Opponent (Besides WLC)?
« on: August 09, 2019, 07:34:00 am »
Hello All,

As most of you are probably aware, Bart Ehrman has been a prolific voice in the Jesus debate and has a long list of folks he's debated. I've watched his debate with WLC and one of his debates with Mike Licona. I'm wondering if the RF community has an opinion on who Bart Ehrman's most formidable debate opponent has been over the years.

Thanks!

jayceeii

• 286 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: Bart Ehrman's Best Debate Opponent (Besides WLC)?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 09:18:20 am »
I looked some of these videos over, and to me these two seem like children stealing candy at Halloween, then pelting the master’s house with eggs. Craig in particular disappoints me, lacking substance, depth, moxie, wit, and most importantly, truth. He’s so smug and contented, sure he has all the answers, when he hasn’t got one answer! What’s missing in him is any solid existential query. He stuffs his head full of scripture, but has no personal presence beyond these words. He lets the scriptures think for him, instead of thinking for himself. He thinks he is saved, and he thinks he is drawing many to salvation, but he should know God does not love the shallow person, unable to face realities inner or outer. If he weren’t so insouciant, not caring in even minor degree about the truth, I’d point out to him that one verse of his scriptural blanket with which he lulls himself to sleep, is really a sharp thorn. Jesus was awake and aware, and basically announced His teaching was inadequate, with the warning that what men think they have shall be taken from them. Craig has his fists full of candy, and fails to heed the Master.