Jesus

Resurrection

Read 2897 times

JBG

• 1 Posts
    • View Profile
My Resurrected Body
« on: March 06, 2015, 11:35:44 pm »
Craig has argued that after the end of this world our bodies will literally be resurrected in a physical sense. We will then be united with our physical bodies.

My question then is which physical body will I receive: My 5 year old body, 45 year old body, ...?

FNB - Former non-believer

• 4048 Posts
  • Do you REALLY make your decision based on reason?
    • View Profile
Re: My Resurrected Body
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 09:31:15 pm »
I don't know the answer though I guess it would make sense that it would be our best possible state which for most of us is in our 20s. Really though I have no idea

jayceeii

• 333 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 01:29:29 pm »
Craig has argued that after the end of this world our bodies will literally be resurrected in a physical sense. We will then be united with our physical bodies.
The proposal by Craig is ludicrous, because regaining the same body would mean reassembling the constituent atoms which are scattered across the globe into worms, insects, animals and dirt. You’d have a “magical” God who could do that, but not a real God. There’s something far more urgent, which is that to accept your old body, you’d lose out on all the advancements God has planned for these bodies as evolution proceeds. I think he knows better, and makes such remarks to entertain a body-identified audience.

Fred

• 4122 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 12:06:03 am »

My question then is which physical body will I receive: My 5 year old body, 45 year old body, ...?
Obviously, your 21 year-old body. 
Fred

jayceeii

• 333 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 06:13:53 am »

Obviously, your 21 year-old body.
Ah, man, so predictably snide and shallow! You fancy God to be a magician, and cannot think past tomorrow!