Political Threads

Read 411 times

bdsimon

• 7135 Posts
  • δοῦλος
    • View Profile
Re: Who Do You Think Wins? Trump/Biden
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2020, 12:31:42 pm »
The only floating rumor I'm aware of that has some truth is the percentage of registered voters in Wisconsin that voted. That is straight math and around 89% which is very high.
Do you have a news link (from respectable source)?

I've heard something along those lines as well from my mom (but keep in mind, she thinks most criticisms of Donald Trump are fake news).  I think she was trying to tell me something like more ballots were cast in Wisconsin than there were registered voters or something like that. 

The genuinely bad Biden critiques I've seen typically have to do with mail-in ballots.  People keep pointing out that Biden's surged in many states (minus Arizona) with late vote counts and have called that suspicious.  But, that has been because Democrats (who don't want to get COVID and believe in science more) have more likely used mail-in ballots, which are counted last in most states.  The "surges" are legitimate.  It's not as if they were submitted late either.  They're simply counted "late," but all were submitted on time. 

Arizona has been the exception, where mail-in ballots are counted first - hence, you have the opposite effect of a late Trump surge. 

It's hypocritical and funny MAGA enthusiasts are saying, "Stop Counting Votes!" in Biden late-surge states, while chanting "Count the Votes!" in Trump late-surge states.  LOL! 

-AF

----------
formerly:  wlcgeek; keegclw; and GodLovesU - Hopefully, fourth time's a charm when it comes to remembering login info.!
You can just Google registered voters and compare that to the actual votes. It is a very high number, but I think it’s great if that many voters participated. I wish all states had that kind of turnout.
Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

AgapeFire

• 340 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2020, 06:14:34 am »
You can just Google registered voters and compare that to the actual votes. It is a very high number, but I think it’s great if that many voters participated. I wish all states had that kind of turnout.
I have heard (totally unsubstantiated) rumors of a Trump 2024 bid....we may see massive turnout again in a few years.  ;) 

That said, win or lose, the Republicans had a great night and have put themselves in a really good position for 2022.
Yeah, they had most of their Senate seats up for reelection this year and won the majority again.  That means they'll have less seats up in 2022, making it harder to flip. 

And, in the House, they gained a few seats from moderate Democrats. 

Depending on the Georgia run-off situation and whether Republicans can maintain control of the Senate for sure, we could have four years of gridlock under Biden/Harris (I'm inking them in as winners).  A split Congress with a Senate that is less vulnerable in 2022 could mean Mitch McConnell sitting back and squashing anything and everything the Dems. want.  LOL

-AF

----------
formerly:  wlcgeek; keegclw; and GodLovesU - Hopefully, fourth time's a charm when it comes to remembering login info.!

Mammal

• 5485 Posts
  • De facto
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2020, 07:15:25 am »
^ Unless Georgia goes to the Dems in January.
Fact, Fiction or Superstition?
Thank God For Evolution
The Evolution Of God

Mammal

• 5485 Posts
  • De facto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2020, 12:07:05 pm »
Done & dusted. Pennsylvania called with more than 1 % margin.

Why can't Trump go back to the White House in Feb? Because it is for Biden..
Fact, Fiction or Superstition?
Thank God For Evolution
The Evolution Of God

Spero

• 1537 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2020, 02:32:57 pm »
Well, it’s a bitter-sweet moment for me. I’m happy to see this buffoon  humbled ( if that’s even possible ), but I’ll say the Dems have lost me as an independent who leans towards them. If they don’t screw their collective head on right and tackle the intersectional/woke wing of their party head on, they’ll be weeping in the sheets come 2022..and if they don’t learn then, they’ll be near suicidal in 2024 because they’ll lose it all. I’m a little doubtful that they’ve learned anything over GOP house pickups and the senate. You’ve got the squad mounting fights, Pelosi justifying the losses and Biden mentioning “systemic racism” and “mandate” all in one speech, when the he ONLY mandate he’s been given is to not be Trump. Scores of independents like me didn’t vote for Trump, but went GOP all the way down the ticket..and they better understand why.

I’ve got a feeling social media and the press are sensing incredible justification right now with how they’ve been behaving. I know they won’t change, but will probably get worse - same goes for Hollywood celebs, university professors and the woke. If flinging poo at the voters continues, we’ll all see these divisions grow, and grow fast. From there..God help us.
Pride goes before destruction,
and a haughty spirit before a fall.

- Proverbs 16:18

Spero

• 1537 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2020, 02:42:04 pm »
...We could have four years of gridlock under Biden/Harris..
Like Scalia said: “I know gridlock can be frustrating, but learn to embrace it.” 😊

It’s what the founders intended..and for good reason.

bdsimon

• 7135 Posts
  • δοῦλος
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2020, 02:49:20 pm »
^ Unless Georgia goes to the Dems in January.
That’s a tough call. Georgia is a purple state now but there was a whole lot of anti Trump vote and Perdue would have already clinched in 48 states. Not here though.

It’s not a sure thing either way.
Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

AgapeFire

• 340 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2020, 08:44:09 pm »
Trump. Scores of independents like me didn’t vote for Trump, but went GOP all the way down the ticket..and they better understand why.
I've seen some people suggest that many Republicans this year voted Biden on the Presidential ticket, because they were heavily opposed to Trump (the person - not necessarily his policies), while voting Republican on their Senatorial/House and down ballot tickets hoping for a split Congress so as to get nothing done and serve as a check against Biden. 

I believe it.  There are many never Trumper Republicans (my uncle is one), perhaps most notably galvanized by The Lincoln Project movement, that want him out, but don't want Democratic policies either.  So their strategy was to vote Biden in at the top of the ticket and tie him up/keep him in check with a split Congress.

-AF

----------

Spero

• 1537 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2020, 01:32:49 am »
Trump. Scores of independents like me didn’t vote for Trump, but went GOP all the way down the ticket..and they better understand why.
I've seen some people suggest that many Republicans this year voted Biden on the Presidential ticket, because they were heavily opposed to Trump (the person - not necessarily his policies), while voting Republican on their Senatorial/House and down ballot tickets hoping for a split Congress so as to get nothing done and serve as a check against Biden. 

I believe it.  There are many never Trumper Republicans (my uncle is one), perhaps most notably galvanized by The Lincoln Project movement, that want him out, but don't want Democratic policies either.  So their strategy was to vote Biden in at the top of the ticket and tie him up/keep him in check with a split Congress.

-AF

----------

Oh yeah, I’m sure there were many a Republican   that voted for Biden, did a write in or  left it blank while painting the rest of the ticket red. For a lot of people, Biden was simply a non-Trump..and that’s it.

Harvey

• 26297 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2020, 10:24:53 am »
There are many never Trumper Republicans (my uncle is one), perhaps most notably galvanized by The Lincoln Project movement, that want him out, but don't want Democratic policies either.  So their strategy was to vote Biden in at the top of the ticket and tie him up/keep him in check with a split Congress.

Well, it barely accomplished that since the Senate might still go Democrat and the House is still Democrat (although more Republicans).

The scary scenario is this election brought out many Trump voters but maybe not so many when Trump is no longer on the ballot. However, in case of the Dems they found a way to counter voter enthusiasm of the right: absentee ballots. They have their people going door to door where they register and collect their ballots at home. We'll see high voter turnout from the Dems regardless of how desperate the conservates are.

Fred

• 5711 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2020, 05:16:06 pm »
I have heard (totally unsubstantiated) rumors of a Trump 2024 bid
Mark Meadows substiatiated this rumor.

Perhaps this will further motivate New York to continue their investigation into Trump's taxes.  I'm not going to predict he's guilty (like many Republicans tended to do with Hillary), but neither would I be surprised if he turns out to be. 

Trump is also potentially vulnerable to being indicted on several counts of obstruction of justice, per Mueller's investigation.
Fred