General Discussion

Political Threads

Read 251 times

Harvey

• 25175 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: This is pretty scary
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2020, 11:49:29 pm »
Here is serious speculation that Israel might strike Iran while Trump is still president (which is why he removed Esper). It kind of makes sense they would think like this.. Get ride of Iran's ability for a nuclear strike before Biden gets in and would just let Iran have a nuclear weapon on the condition they really promise to be good and never to use it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 12:06:58 am by Harvey »

bdsimon

• 7108 Posts
  • δοῦλος
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2020, 09:11:07 am »
I am reading that Trump is now acknowledging a Biden victory (even though he is still claiming it was rigged). That should ease some tension, no?
Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Harvey

• 25175 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2020, 09:57:12 am »
I am reading that Trump is now acknowledging a Biden victory (even though he is still claiming it was rigged). That should ease some tension, no?

He knew early on. He lost because he alienated many Republicans. I myself didn't vote for him in 2016 nor in the 2019 primaries. If he runs in 2024 I wouldn't vote for him in the 2023 primary either. But, as bad as Trump is it is mainly his mouth that is bad.

Harvey

• 25175 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2020, 09:29:15 pm »
This is what I was afraid of. Fortunately Trump listened to his advisors.

Spero

• 1449 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2020, 05:26:00 pm »
I’ve been getting mixed signals on this from all I’ve been reading. I don’t know if Trump went in there emphatic on striking the facility and his staff saying “NOOOO!!,” or if Trump just wanted opinions on dealing with Iran and asked if a strike would be prudent, with his staff saying “Nope, really bad idea” and Trump responding with an “ok.” I tend to think the latter is more likely, because Trump doesn’t strike me as a war hawk the way other Republican presidents have been; and if his staff tells him this would cause a war, he won’t do it. Maybe I’ll end up eating my words on this, but I still don’t think there’s much to worry about here.
Pride goes before destruction,
and a haughty spirit before a fall.

- Proverbs 16:18