General Discussion

Political Threads

Read 75 times

Harvey

• 25176 Posts
    • View Profile
This is even more scary
« on: November 14, 2020, 10:51:37 am »
See here. We live in a Orwellian society.

Gordon Tubbs

• 5608 Posts
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
Re: This is even more scary
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 10:39:07 pm »
Affiliate news stations are beholden to networks that must often tow the line when it comes to certain top-editorial decisions ("the story is X, the headline is Y, the anchor should say Z").

It could also be explained by contemporary journalist culture; as in, everyone is trained to speak in a certain tone and cadence and use certain phrases.
Ordained Minister of the Word and Sacrament (PCUSA)
Regent University, Master of Divinity (Chaplain Ministry)
US Navy (Active 2004-2009, Reserves 2012-2018)
Check out my blog!

Harvey

• 25176 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 12:26:47 am »
Affiliate news stations are beholden to networks that must often tow the line when it comes to certain top-editorial decisions ("the story is X, the headline is Y, the anchor should say Z").

It could also be explained by contemporary journalist culture; as in, everyone is trained to speak in a certain tone and cadence and use certain phrases.

Or we're in the Matrix... :p

kravarnik

• 6007 Posts
  • Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 10:12:21 am »

ANYTHING, but conspiracy.

Also, the Pharisees didn't conspire against Christ. That may just have been the contemporary Jewish culture: to speak in secret about removing someone and use certain phrases such as "Crucify Him!", "Give us X!".

It's funny how the same rationale you'd use in an argument for intelligent design doesn't apply to an argument for conspiracy, lol.
"And even if you crush my body and drain it 'til the last drop - you can never touch my spirit, you can never touch my soul. No matter how bleak or how hopeless, no matter how hard or how far - you can never break my conation. Tear the will apart from desire." Insomnium - Weather the storm

Gordon Tubbs

• 5608 Posts
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 09:44:57 pm »
When it comes to conspiratorial thinking, I always try to employ Hanlon's Razor before Occam's Razor.
Ordained Minister of the Word and Sacrament (PCUSA)
Regent University, Master of Divinity (Chaplain Ministry)
US Navy (Active 2004-2009, Reserves 2012-2018)
Check out my blog!