General Discussion

Political Threads

Read 369 times

Harvey

• 25167 Posts
    • View Profile
Trump is sinking his 2024 chances
« on: November 22, 2020, 08:57:08 am »
He continues to repeat the same mistakes that ultimately cost him the election in the first place. Can you only imagine if Biden lost and he were saying these things as Trump?

I must admit I've been very impressed by post-win Biden. He has said and done the right things.

belorg

• 7746 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: Trump is sinking his 2024 chances
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 10:31:15 am »
He continues to repeat the same mistakes that ultimately cost him the election in the first place. Can you only imagine if Biden lost and he were saying these things as Trump?

I must admit I've been very impressed by post-win Biden. He has said and done the right things.

Don't you think you could have known this?

Harvey

• 25167 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 10:55:34 am »

I have for 5 or so years.

belorg

• 7746 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 01:34:37 pm »

I have for 5 or so years.

But you still voted for Trump?

Harvey

• 25167 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 03:12:01 pm »
But you still voted for Trump?

Yes. China is a far, far bigger threat than Trump. He will be cast out of office without serious evidence of voter tampering, whereas a strong CCP will use their power to dominate the world and gradually destroy democratic structures through strategies that they have been employing and have yet to employ (e.g., artificial intelligence). All of Trump's harm goes away on Jan 20.

Spero

• 1449 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 04:29:21 pm »
Really sucks when you have pretty-ok-policy wrapped up in a Biff Tannen, doesn’t it Harvey.

( Call me ignorant, but I rather recently learned that character was actually based on Trump from Back to the Future 2 )

Heh, heh, heh..
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 04:31:20 pm by Spero »
Pride goes before destruction,
and a haughty spirit before a fall.

- Proverbs 16:18

Spero

• 1449 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 04:39:54 pm »
Btw, if he does win the 2024 primaries..I’m getting the hell outa here!

Harvey

• 25167 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 04:59:29 pm »
Really sucks when you have pretty-ok-policy wrapped up in a Biff Tannen, doesn’t it Harvey.

( Call me ignorant, but I rather recently learned that character was actually based on Trump from Back to the Future 2 )

Heh, heh, heh..

Which adds even more credibility to Back to the Future as a supernatural phenomenon. 🤣

Spero

• 1449 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 05:38:04 pm »

Yeah...they definitely had the goods on this guy!
LOL!!!!

Harvey

• 25167 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 05:42:00 pm »
Who is Marty in this future?

Spero

• 1449 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 05:51:00 pm »
Marty is Rubio..
or a transgendered Nikki ( McFly ) Haley. 😃

I’d go for either one.

Harvey

• 25167 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 07:10:10 pm »
Marty is Rubio..

I’d go for either one.

But Rubio and Nikki are largely Trump supporters. I would vote for Pete Buttigieg as Marty and Dr. Fauci as Dr. Brown. I'm sure you agree that Trump would call Pete a "butthead" if he met him.  :D

Spero

• 1449 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2020, 08:07:33 pm »
Marty is Rubio..

I’d go for either one.

But Rubio and Nikki are largely Trump supporters. I would vote for Pete Buttigieg as Marty and Dr. Fauci as Dr. Brown. I'm sure you agree that Trump would call Pete a "butthead" if he met him.  :D
Eh, I don’t know. Both being Republicans, they probably have a kind of tribal support for him in public and so are hesitant to really lay into him. But I’d be willing to bet you that over their private family Thanksgiving meals, any questions asked them concerning their feelings towards Trump would be answered in a less than flattering way.

On the Democratic side, I’d be happy if Marty turns out to be Andrew Yang or Tulsi Gabbard..both impressed me. Buttigieg was cool in the beginning, but later on came out with some statements I found to be politically extreme. 

I'm sure you agree that Trump would call Pete a "butthead" if he met him.

Undoubtedly. In fact, I’m surprised it didn’t come out in a tweet.

Mammal

• 5052 Posts
  • De facto
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2020, 12:24:12 am »
I agree, this is starting to make Trump looks really silly. His denials and refusals and legal actions had some measure of stern conservative resistance up to a certain point, something that had some merit in possibly keeping some face and influence. But alas, the wheels have started to come off with the circus of a press conference featuring Powell and Giuliani (I notice the Trump team has officially distanced themselves from Powell now), the flop in Pennsylvania, the Michigan affair. Right now he looks like a spoiled brat holding on to somebody else's candy. He is busy destroying his reputation, which plays into the hand of Biden & Co who I sense have given him sufficient rope to hang himself in public with this entire affair.
Fact, Fiction or Superstition?
Thank God For Evolution
The Evolution Of God

Harvey

• 25167 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2020, 08:47:59 am »
Mammal, this is a little off point, but my post was a sign of objectivity on my part. You need to send out more signs how you will often disagree with the overall "party position" you hold. That's how you establish credibility as an objective perspective. Most everyone agrees with the things that we expect them to agree with. The problem I see with most naturalists and progressives is that they very rarely depart from their party line. Hence, you often see theists and conservatives as the baskins of objectivity.