Read 349 times

ArtD

• 3477 Posts
    • View Profile
    • Science as Natural Theology
COVIDIOTS?
« on: November 30, 2020, 07:13:06 pm »
So I watched a YouTube clip titled "DON'T CALL THEM 'COVIDIOTS''

My comment: So because they don't want to be bothered to wear a mask they may infect  me or someone I love and that person may DIE but I shouldn't call them COVIDIOTS??  OK, but how about HUMAN VERMIN, just like the rats that carried the plague?

Harsh? Yes. But 100% true? You be the judge; you already know what I think.
ScienceAsNaturalTheology.org

Spero

• 1449 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: COVIDIOTS?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 07:30:59 pm »
Wear a mask where?  Going inside grocery stores, malls, restaurants, planes, trains, etc people should definitely don a mask. Going outside to jog, walk your dog, ride your bike..all by yourself, not necessary - but should carry one on you just in case.
Pride goes before destruction,
and a haughty spirit before a fall.

- Proverbs 16:18

ArtD

• 3477 Posts
    • View Profile
    • Science as Natural Theology
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2020, 07:22:55 am »
Agree.
ScienceAsNaturalTheology.org

a

• 48 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2020, 11:03:08 am »

My comment: So because they don't want to be bothered to wear a mask they may infect  me or someone I love and that person may DIE but I shouldn't call them COVIDIOTS??  OK, but how about HUMAN VERMIN, just like the rats that carried the plague?

Covid Cultist

https://mises.org/library/covid-cult

Spero

• 1449 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 04:09:19 pm »
What always cracks me up is when I’m driving around and I see people alone in their cars with masks on. Which, btw, gives me a great idea for a bumper sticker..”YOU CAN’T CATCH COVID FROM YOUR CAR, MORON!”

May leave the “MORON” out..but I’m definitely thinking it.

AgapeFire

• 265 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 03:53:25 am »
What always cracks me up is when I’m driving around and I see people alone in their cars with masks on. Which, btw, gives me a great idea for a bumper sticker..”YOU CAN’T CATCH COVID FROM YOUR CAR, MORON!”

I leave mine on at times, because I don't want to deal with taking it off, touching stuff (maybe my face too), and putting it back on my face later.  It's just easier to keep it on and keep track of cleanliness (knowing exactly what I touched, didn't touch, etc.).  I do keep hand sanitizer on at all times, but don't want to sanitize my face. 

Maybe it's a fashion item for others?

-AF

----------
formerly:  wlcgeek; keegclw; and GodLovesU - Hopefully, fourth time's a charm when it comes to remembering login info.!

AgapeFire

• 265 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2020, 04:02:33 am »
Wear a mask where?  Going inside grocery stores, malls, restaurants, planes, trains, etc people should definitely don a mask. Going outside to jog, walk your dog, ride your bike..all by yourself, not necessary - but should carry one on you just in case.
I don't wear one when exercising outside, but wouldn't look down on anyone who did.  I respect people's choices for safety. 

We had a family member die of COVID very early on in April, so I know the pain it can cause. 

I get most upset with door-to-door sales-like people who don't have the courtesy to wear a mask walking up to your home.  It's presumptuous and dangerous to think you may not be going up to the home of an elderly, immuno-compromised, or otherwise vulnerable person.  It's happened to me a few times.  Sometimes I've yelled at the person for how inappropriate it is to do this.  And, even if no one in my family is vulnerable, I wouldn't want to catch your possible COVID anyways.  We all have friends, family, co-workers, etc. who are often vulnerable - not to mention larger society. 

A moron just recently came to my house without a mask and almost surprised me in my own garage.  I yelled at him for a long time.  Sales people should not be walking up to people's homes and surprising them within a few feet of them w/o a mask. 

-AF

----------
formerly:  wlcgeek; keegclw; and GodLovesU - Hopefully, fourth time's a charm when it comes to remembering login info.!

AgapeFire

• 265 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 04:11:40 am »

I haven't actually called anti-maskers names (feel it would be unChristian-like), but have been tempted to. 

I have exploded at a few people around me for not wearing one when appropriate.  I yell at and lecture them.  Some just don't care anymore (if they ever did), which I find disappointing.  The winter right before vaccine dissemination will be heartbreaking for many.  With record high cases and likely record high daily deaths coming, it'll be sad to know that these people were possibly just months away from mass vaccination and living. 

-AF

----------

Spero

• 1449 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2020, 04:02:59 pm »

I leave mine on at times, because I don't want to deal with taking it off, touching stuff (maybe my face too), and putting it back on my face later.  It's just easier to keep it on and keep track of cleanliness (knowing exactly what I touched, didn't touch, etc.).  I do keep hand sanitizer on at all times, but don't want to sanitize my face. 

Maybe it's a fashion item for others?

-AF

----------
Of course, all that’s understandable. I’m sure some of the people I see do the same thing. But where I live, I’m almost positive many don’t. I live in a place where a lot of people are paranoid, almost to the point of insanity.  Where I am, it’s practically illegal to step out into your own backyard without wearing a mask.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 04:53:03 pm by Spero »

Fred

• 5683 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2020, 04:07:32 pm »
My wife and I have been fairly careful, generally avoiding crowds and religiously wearing masks.  Nevertheless, we decided to attend an outdoor Autumn festival a few weeks ago, in a small town in central Texas.  We weren't happy about the fact that less than half the people were wearing masks, but we kept ours on.  We did have to skip eating at some booths when we saw the cooks and servers were unmasked.  But what REALLY stirred me was a conversation I heard between 2 unmasked 50+ year old women.  One of them said, "I was just livid! I walked into this shop, and the owner told me I had to wear a mask!  I put him in his place, and said 'no one can make me wear a mask!'  He then told me he needed to require this because he's immune compromised.  I told him that's HIS problem, and left. He's not getting MY business!" 

Fred

Spero

• 1449 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2020, 04:51:51 pm »
^

I would’ve been really tempted to approach them and argue. I imagine you were.

wonderer

• 15331 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2020, 06:53:16 pm »
I would’ve been really tempted to approach them and argue.

How likely do you think it is, that you would have gotten involved?
"The world needed that of us, to maintain—by our example, by our very existence—a world that would keep learning and questioning, that would remain free in thought, inquiry, and word." - Alice Dreger

Spero

• 1449 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2020, 07:00:10 pm »
50/50. Depending on just how frustrated it made me. Maybe not in directly confronting to engage in conversation, but at the very least saying something while walking passed them.

Fred

• 5683 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2020, 07:11:12 pm »
^

I had the urge, but given her contempt for the immune compromised vendor, I figured she'd just get more entrenched.  Plus, I was in the minority of people wearing masks, and... this is Texas, so I was probably in the gun-less minority ;-)
Fred

Spero

• 1449 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2020, 08:07:17 pm »
^

I had the urge, but given her contempt for the immune compromised vendor, I figured she'd just get more entrenched.  Plus, I was in the minority of people wearing masks, and... this is Texas, so I was probably in the gun-less minority ;-)

lol. Guess there’s not much point in surviving COVID if you end up picking buckshot out of your navel.