lucious

• 4655 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Has Abandoned the Battlefield of COVID Like a Coward
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2020, 03:41:27 am »
Most of his tweets are about election fraud and conspiracy theories.

COVID is no longer a political cudgel he may or may not swing in his favour; it's not an entity with which he might pragmatically employ in the interests of his own self-aggrandisement.

Tony Schwartz said the deaths from COVID simply don't matter to Trump. He was right. He couldn't care less about it if can't be used to further his own re-election chances. But he would have infected all of us in an instant if it meant his reelection.

AgapeFire

• 290 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2020, 08:00:12 am »
Most of his tweets are about election fraud and conspiracy theories.

COVID is no longer a political cudgel he may or may not swing in his favour; it's not an entity with which he might pragmatically employ in the interests of his own self-aggrandisement.

Tony Schwartz said the deaths from COVID simply don't matter to Trump. He was right. He couldn't care less about it if can't be used to further his own re-election chances. But he would have infected all of us in an instant if it meant his reelection.
The degree of anger I have towards Trump is hard to quantify or even put into words. 

The use of misinformation has killed and endangered so many and continues to do so.  Many Americans, dying of COVID, have still believed it was fake and that they had some other illness (lung cancer, flu, etc. ...anything, but COVID).  This is difficult to watch/listen to:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WicsWfTm1ZI

How many took it less seriously, because of Trump?  My own mother almost went out to vote in long lines.  A Trump fanatic friend of hers has been sharing what I feel is fake news with her for months.  They both believe the election was stolen.  Her friend does not care about masks much.  She's gone right up to my mom's face without one to chat - despite the fact they're both in their 70's with husbands that have pre-existing conditions (cancer and heart disease). 

Had I not had an explosive fight with my mother, she would have gone out to vote in the most dangerous time.  We got her to do mail-in ballots.  She was ready to risk her life for a CON ARTIST POTUS, saying COVID was no big deal.  I still wonder if she'd have died if I hadn't stopped her.  She believes all the fake news claims...knows lots of Trump conspiracies and tries to spread them. 

I am so disturbed and distraught by what Trump has created using misinformation. . .

-AF

----------
formerly:  wlcgeek; keegclw; and GodLovesU - Hopefully, fourth time's a charm when it comes to remembering login info.!

AgapeFire

• 290 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2021, 01:33:28 am »
https://news.yahoo.com/covid-deaths-real-fauci-rejects-220748277.html
Trump on Sunday fired off this tweet: "The number of cases and deaths of the China Virus is far exaggerated in the United States because of the @CDCgov's [CDC's] ridiculous method of determination compared to other countries, many of whom report, purposely, very inaccurately and low."

Trump then took aim at Fauci in a subsequent tweet, that read, quote: "Something how Dr. Fauci is revered by the LameStream Media as such a great professional, having done, they say, such an incredible job, yet he works for me and the Trump Administration, and I am in no way given any credit for my work..."
This is beyond words. 

-AF

----------
formerly:  wlcgeek; keegclw; and GodLovesU - Hopefully, fourth time's a charm when it comes to remembering login info.!

GRWelsh

• 3758 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2021, 08:03:20 am »
From this article at https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/politics/trump-covid-pandemic-dark-winter/

“I think he’s just done with covid,” said one of Trump’s closest advisers who, like many others interviewed for this story, spoke on the condition of anonymity to candidly discuss internal deliberations and operations. “I think he put it on a timetable and he’s done with covid. . . . It just exceeded the amount of time he gave it.”

See also:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02800-9
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/11/trumps-lies-about-coronavirus/608647/

Right now, Trump is more concerned with overturning the election than with dealing with the biggest threat to our country.  He only cares about the biggest threat to Donald Trump and the conspiracy theories he's bought into.  He's pathetic, but also extremely dangerous, because so many follow him in a way I can only describe as cult-like.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 08:08:17 am by GRWelsh »
The morning sun rose and burned off the ghosts; it seems they were nothing but shapes in the fog.

AgapeFire

• 290 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2021, 08:33:35 am »
I long feared my California relatives would get COVID.  Several 70 and 80 year olds have it now.  We got the call last night.

California is a wreck.  I've already lost one person and I hope we don't lose anymore.  Pray for my family members. 

eta:  It's particularly upsetting with the vaccines rolling out.  They never had a chance to get it yet.

-AF

----------
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 08:37:11 am by AgapeFire »