Political Threads

Read 257 times

Gordon Tubbs

• 5821 Posts
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog
Georgia Republicans
« on: February 03, 2021, 07:49:14 pm »
Alright guys, we lost this election because those Democrats mobilized more voters and utilized fraudulent mail-in ballots and absentee ballots. So instead of changing our messaging or adopting a new platform, we're going to tighten up voter access so we can make sure we win the next election!
Ordained Minister of the Word and Sacrament (PCUSA)
Regent University, Master of Divinity (Chaplain Ministry)
US Navy (Active 2004-2009, Reserves 2012-2018)
Check out my blog!

Harvey

• 26338 Posts
    • View Profile
Re: Georgia Republicans
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 09:41:51 pm »
Alright guys, we lost this election because those Democrats mobilized more voters and utilized fraudulent mail-in ballots and absentee ballots. So instead of changing our messaging or adopting a new platform, we're going to tighten up voter access so we can make sure we win the next election!

The Dems are giving up health care and instead focusing on executive actions and legislation that will help them win the next fifty elections.

lapwing

• 8789 Posts
    • View Profile
    • Not my website but explains my choice of name and avatar
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 08:39:07 am »
Subtler than inciting a mob to storm the Capitol then
For by one sacrifice Jesus has made perfect forever those who are being sanctified.

"Those who are still afraid of men have no fear of God, and those who have fear of God have ceased to be afraid of men"
"If the world refuses justice, the Christian will pursue mercy"
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

bdsimon

• 7135 Posts
  • δοῦλος
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 11:10:51 am »
The campaign to "stop Stacey" is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. I think this idea guarantees she will be elected governor in 22.
Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

lapwing

• 8789 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 03:58:55 pm »
The campaign to "stop Stacey" is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard. I think this idea guarantees she will be elected governor in 22.

If that doesn't happen,  I hope you will admit your mistake at the time.
For by one sacrifice Jesus has made perfect forever those who are being sanctified.

"Those who are still afraid of men have no fear of God, and those who have fear of God have ceased to be afraid of men"
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

ChristianInvestigator

• 911 Posts
  • Never lose the joy of discovery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 03:14:19 pm »

The Dems are giving up health care and instead focusing on executive actions and legislation that will help them win the next fifty elections.

Yeah, I noticed that. Weird.
"This year, though I'm far from home
In Trench I'm not alone.
These faces facing me,
They know... what I mean."

|-/

Spero

• 1540 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2021, 06:27:25 pm »

Yeah, I noticed that. Weird.
Which, to me, seems to indicate they’d be willing to almost do anything to get to a one party system.

Of course, nothing bad can come from that. 🙄
Pride goes before destruction,
and a haughty spirit before a fall.

- Proverbs 16:18

bdsimon

• 7135 Posts
  • δοῦλος
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 06:14:12 am »

If that doesn't happen,  I hope you will admit your mistake at the time.
Sure I will. I do live in Georgia and I was not surprised Biden won here based on what I saw at the polls. I think Stacey will win anyway, but (I think) this tactic is going to invigorate her base more than the GOP base.
Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

Fred

• 5711 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2021, 03:18:34 pm »
You are a prophet.

Georgia GOP seeks to tighten voting rules after spate of losses
Fred

lapwing

• 8789 Posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2021, 05:03:45 am »
You are a prophet.

Republicans learning from Stalin

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

bdsimon

• 7135 Posts
  • δοῦλος
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2021, 06:21:07 am »
You are a prophet.

Republicans learning from Stalin
That's a fairly inflammatory remark for what appear to be reasonable discussion points. I am in favor of everyone voting but I am not in favor of creating loopholes. Dropboxes and third party solicitation of votes are things that I would do away with. In Georgia on the Democrat side there was a massive push to get out the vote. This likely resulted in a very high percentage of Democrats getting absentee ballots sent to their house without them asking. It also likely resulted in third parties dropping off votes in dropboxes. I think the state should send absentees to everyone, or only those who ask and third parties should not be allowed to get involved.

bdsimon

• 7135 Posts
  • δοῦλος
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2021, 07:28:29 am »
No response from last post but I thought it might be worth bumping this topic in lieu of MLB moving the all star game from one of the most racially diverse cities in the US to one of the whitest (if not the whitest for a major city). Cancel culture at its finest I suppose. I am certainly not opposed to discussions and debate around Georgia voting laws (which are more liberal than Joe Biden's Delaware BTW), but shutting conversation down in protest of closing perceived loopholes is just nuts. I may move out of country shortly. Also, as a note, Georgia laws and Colorado laws are fairly similar on paper.

Personally, I think the MLB boycott will hurt MLB and Stacey Abrams in the long term. In the short term it will take revenue away from a racially diverse urban area and redistribute it to an almost exclusively white urban area. Way to go MLB, that's a great way to make a point.