Start a Reasonable Faith Chapter!
Now you can start a Reasonable Faith Chapter on your campus or at your church!
Finding a qualified local Director is the key to establishing a Reasonable Faith chapter. The Director should be a regenerate Christian, evangelical in theology, who manifests the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5. 22-23) and who has successfully worked through Reasonable Faith (3rd edition) and the Study Guide.
We want local chapters of Reasonable Faith to have the freedom and flexibility to develop programs suited to local needs and interests. We encourage local chapters to experiment with book studies, discussions of DVDs of debates and lectures, listening to Defenders podcasts, inviting guest speakers, and so forth. Local chapters should meet at least once a month so as to maintain momentum.
To obtain authorization to form your own Reasonable Faith chapter, the Director will need to:
1. Complete and submit the application.
2. In the Chapter application, affirm your belief in the theological distinctives.
Theological Distinctives for Reasonable Faith Chapter Application
1. I believe that the one and only God is tri-personal, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit being distinct, divine persons.
2. I believe that Jesus Christ is truly God and truly human, the unique, sure, and sufficient revelation of the very being, character, and purposes of God, beside whom there is no other god, and beside whom there is no other name by which we must be saved.
3. I believe that the only ground for our acceptance by God is what Jesus Christ did on the cross and what he is now doing through his risen life, whereby he exposed and reversed the course of human sin and violence, died for our sins, redeemed us from the power of evil, reconciled us to God, and empowers us with his life "from above." We therefore bring nothing to our salvation. We receive his redemption solely by grace through faith.
4. I believe that new life, given supernaturally through spiritual regeneration, is a necessity as well as a gift and that the lifelong conversion that results is the only pathway to a radically changed character and way of life. Thus the only sufficient power for a life of Christian faithfulness and moral integrity in this world is that of Christ's resurrection and the power of the Holy Spirit.
5. I believe that Jesus' own teaching and his attitude toward the total truthfulness and supreme authority of the Bible, God's inspired Word, make the Scriptures our final rule for faith and practice.
6. I believe that being disciples of Jesus means serving him as Lord in every sphere of our lives, secular as well as spiritual, public as well as private, in deeds as well as words, and in every moment of our days on earth, always reaching out as he did to those who are lost, as well as to the poor, the sick, the hungry, the oppressed, the socially despised, and being faithful stewards of creation and our fellow-creatures.
7. I believe that the blessed hope of the personal return of Jesus provides both strength and substance to what the Church is doing, just as what we are doing becomes a sign of the hope of where we are going; both together leading to a consummation of history and the fulfillment of an undying kingdom that comes only by the power of God.
8. I believe that all followers of Christ are called to know and love Christ through worship, love Christ's family through fellowship, grow like Christ through discipleship, serve Christ by ministering to the needs of others in his name, and share Christ with those who do not yet know him, inviting people to the ends of the earth and to the end of time to join us as his disciples and followers of his way.
3. *Provide a narrative of how you came to faith in Christ and describe your spiritual walk today.
4. *Provide us with a list of references from two people unrelated to you. At least one of the references should be from a pastor of a church you currently attend or have attended in the past five years, or from another ministry leader with whom you have had contact in the past five years.
5. *Submit thorough answers to the Study Guide and Practical Application questions for Reasonable Faith 3rd Ed. (downloadable at www.reasonablefaithtools.com). Please use full sentences and proper punctuation when answering the questions.
*After submitting the application, you will be provided with information on how to send in your materials for steps 3, 4, and 5.
Questions? Contact us