Retired Boards (Archived)

Kalam Cosmological Argument

Read 11894 times

eklypised

• 14 Posts
The Big Bang doesn’t prove a creator
« on: December 10, 2019, 01:25:39 PM »
This is another question I got.  If the Big Bang happened it doesn’t prove their was a creator. What would your answer be to that?

jayceeii

• 1630 Posts
Re: The Big Bang doesn’t prove a creator
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 05:20:53 PM »
In general the theists like Craig have been trying to agree with a cosmic history of fourteen billion years, but positing that God began the universe, not a Big Bang. Instead I think the science is askew, and the universe is far more ancient, though it was not my role to prove this where more important matters loom, and where humans convinced God exists are not made better thereby. What use is it to know that God exists, when you don’t know what He wants or what He plans? Proofs of God’s existence are available that were not given to man in the religions, because such intellectual knowledge is not redemption.

If you are talking with atheists and want to have some fun, point out they must not be enjoying their lives very much if they have no longing for the immortality religion promises. They will likely respond that they are reconciled to the fate of nonexistence, then your role is to prove this means they are not exactly alive. To fail to long for eternal continuance is a failure in the basic principle of self-preservation. The atheists have not been quizzed hard on this point because theists don’t really have such a longing either.

1. All who deeply enjoy life want it never to end.
2. Atheists say they are content to let it end.
3. Atheists do not deeply enjoy life (or theists either).

The trouble with the theists is that the religions only present hokey schemes for immortality, a fact that should be readily noticed by somebody who truly cares.

eklypised

• 14 Posts
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 08:51:19 PM »
This is the question I’m referring

B39951-DB-FC8-A-46-DB-8-EFA-B41-FAE3-EDA17" border="0
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 08:55:06 PM by eklypised »

jayceeii

• 1630 Posts
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 09:05:57 AM »
This is the question I’m referring

B39951-DB-FC8-A-46-DB-8-EFA-B41-FAE3-EDA17" border="0
Quote from: Mike Cordner
What evidence will you present that demonstrates that scientists “wanted” an infinite universe? You will avoid this direct question. WATCH!!
My impression is that the scientists have not yet resolved the question of whether their mathematical models suggest the universe is expanding infinitely or not. As for wanting one answer or another, they are strangely passionless about it, which proves something else. These are externalized minds, who want to feel that they are in control, not minding that their theories predict personal extinction. People who don’t feel the soul don’t care about it, and those who are not enjoying life deeply don’t care about preserving it forever.

What citation, reference or journal abstract will you present that states “98-99% of scientists” acknowledge the Big Bang Theory? That will be the 2nd straightforward question you will avoid answering. WATCH!!
Here he is easily overthrown. A quick internet search turned up "I would say that there is 100 percent consensus, really," University of Pennsylvania particle physicist Burt Ovrut said of the Big Bang theory. I’m sure a more thorough search would turn up much more. The more important question is whether he is “watching.” As he urges you to watch he thinks he cannot be challenged, but if overthrown he’ll stop watching. This is what Jesus said about condemning the man with a mote in his eye, ignoring the log in your own. He’s unable to bring the open mind that he demands from you.

Where (specifically) in the Big Bang Model does it state our universe was created? That will be the third straightforward question you will ignore. WATCH!
He’s right with two out of three points. Scientists are speechless about ultimate origins, a place where religionists have tried to attack, but where they have complex mathematical theories for which the scriptures present no match. I guess I’d ask what you are trying to achieve by this interaction with an atheist, because not only do 100% of scientists believing in the Big Bang, 0% of them will change their minds because of a religious debate. People aren’t drawn to religion by debates, which tend to be completely closed, like the sport of fencing but where there’s no referee so everyone leaves thinking he won.

Are you finding other theists to be successful debating atheists, “winning souls to Christ”? I’d be impressed if you could show me even one example of a human changing his mind because of logic. The logic to end religious debates exists, but humans won’t submit to it or even be able to understand it. Furthermore, Jesus gave the commandment to proselytize, but failing to give the articles of salvation, gave nothing to proselytize about. A corral has been built, and perhaps you can herd a few more souls in there alongside yourself. Jesus only offered salvation from humanity’s worst tendencies, but He left out a few critical ones that necessitate Judgment. Christianity can be called the Church of Salvation from Worst Tendencies, and it can also be called the Church of Perpetually Crucifying Christ. Nobody wants the true Word of the Lord, real salvation.