keys to establishing
Finding a qualified local Director is the key to establishing a Reasonable Faith chapter. The Director should be a regenerate Christian, evangelical in theology, who manifests the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5. 22-23) and who has successfully worked through Reasonable Faith (3rd edition) and the Study Guide.
We want local chapters of Reasonable Faith to have the freedom and flexibility to develop programs suited to local needs and interests. We encourage local chapters to experiment with book studies, discussions of DVDs of debates and lectures, listening to Defenders podcasts, inviting guest speakers, and so forth. Local chapters should meet at least once a month so as to maintain momentum.
To obtain authorization to form your own Reasonable Faith chapter, the Director must:
- Complete and submit the Chapter Application form.
- In the Chapter application, affirm your belief in the theological distinctives.
- Provide a narrative of how you came to faith in Christ and describe your spiritual walk today. (1-2 pages)*
- Provide us with a list of references from two people unrelated to you. At least one of the references should be a pastor of a church you currently attend or have attended in the past five years, or from another ministry leader with whom you have had contact in the past five years. (No reference letters are necessary; contact information is sufficient)*
- Submit thorough answers to the electronic Study Guide and Practical Application questions for Reasonable Faith 3rd Ed. A Word document copy of the questions will be emailed to you after submitting the application. Please use full sentences and proper punctuation when answering the questions.*
*These items should be emailed to the Global Chapters Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.