Trinity

Read 7331 times

Aaron Massey

• 5542 Posts
  • absit iniuria verbis
The head of Christ is God..
« on: July 04, 2020, 07:51:31 AM »
If the head of christ is God...  1 Corinthians 11:3 
"3But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband and the head of Christ is God."

So, if God is the head of Christ, then Christ is not God?   surely? ... it is incontrovertible.
Therefor Trinity is False.

Rebuttals?
Proverbs 8:30 "then I was beside him, like a master workman, and I was daily his delight, rejoicing before him always, rejoicing in his inhabited world and delighting in the children of man."

jayceeii

• 1630 Posts
Re: The head of Christ is God..
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 08:32:45 AM »
If the head of christ is God...  1 Corinthians 11:3 
"3But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband and the head of Christ is God."

So, if God is the head of Christ, then Christ is not God?   surely? ... it is incontrovertible.
Therefor Trinity is False.

Rebuttals?
My first point would be you seem to have some kind of automatic ratcheting going on in your head, that if it is in the Bible it is direct from God. It isn’t enough to submit to text, accepting this to be your God. That isn’t astute. Paul wrote this. Are you a Christian or a Paulonian? Paul did a lot of blabbing in my opinion, and here he comes across as a sexist, where God is not a sexist. Perhaps it has been beneficial among humans that the wife submit to her husband since otherwise the quarrels would never cease, but God created the male and female souls to be equal in spiritual power, as may eventually be proved.

My second point would be that Christ cannot lead men directly, since they are too unlike Him. The Bible paints a picture of God right beside man, but the Garden of Eden story also emphasizes man will reject every counsel God can offer, making himself the measure of good and evil. You imagine God can make new worlds in a finger-snap, failing to integrate the findings of modern science that it takes eons to build a biosphere. You ought to consider Earth is a long-term project, and where not only is Christ too high to be reached, but intermediaries too. Or if you think you’re ready for Jesus, let me see it.

Finally, the analogy drags things to a rank material level, jamming everything together. It’s an atrocious analogy on that basis alone, but Paul also doesn’t bother defending or explicating it, as if his mind couldn’t pay attention for more than a few minutes. Why do you even look up to Paul, if he couldn’t be bothered to explain himself? The Trinity is a complex, subtle and profound affair, but the consciousness of God the Creator is literally present in the mind and body of the Lord. God is not the Lord’s head, so I dispute Paul. At best he was trying to bring order into human lives, appealing to their weak ability to conceive of the Lord, that ends as a phantasm of themselves, a vacant reflection of greed.