Der Chemiker

• passionate scientist and follower of Jesus
  • 26 Posts
11 year old genius wants to become astrophysicist to prove God
« on: September 27, 2020, 06:24:17 AM »
William Maillis is an 11 year old super intelligent wonder child, the pure definition of a genius.
With 7 months, he was able to speak.
With age of 2, he understood the basics of maths.
With age of 4, he solved algebra problems.
He was too smart for school and skipped several classes in school.
With age of 9, he graduated at high school.
With age of 11, he finished college and enrolled at university.

Now he wants to become astrophysicist, prove that Stephen Hawking was wrong and prove that God exists - with science.

He says: "there's these atheists that try to say that there is no God, when in reality it takes more faith to believe that there's no God than it does to believe that there is a God... Because it makes more sense that something created the universe than that the universe created itself. It takes more faith to say the universe created itself than to say something other created the universe because that is more logical."

url='https://www.godupdates.com/11-year-old-genius-william-maillis-out-to-prove-god-exists-to-stephen-hawking/']Source[/url]

How do think about this?
"The works of the LORD are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein." Psalms 111:2

Lucian

• 2797 Posts
Re: 11 year old genius wants to become astrophysicist to prove God
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 08:11:45 AM »
Good for him, I guess.

Also, if you want your topic to get noticed, I suggest posting it in the choose your own topic subforum.

jayceeii

• 1630 Posts
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 10:19:35 AM »
Genius is not an indicator of spiritual savvy. Men become clever before they become wise. Also a spiritual genius is not necessarily going to look like a material genius. There are dimensions in intelligence, and the people want to hear more than just the facts recited. Without commenting on Maillis’ spiritual qualifications, he has merely repeated the same assertion three times with no evidence or argument: it takes more faith to believe there is no God, it makes more sense that there is a God, and it is more logical that there is a God. Yet no theologian has a more profound argument. The atheists have their senses, the theists have only their ancient texts, the arguments they generate having no real weight of themselves, largely since their idea of God is one that never could exist.

jayceeii

• 1630 Posts
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 02:04:43 PM »
Also, if you want your topic to get noticed, I suggest posting it in the choose your own topic subforum.
This part of the forum was put out to pasture by the web admin, though curiously left open for further interactions despite the “archived” label. I seem to be the one from whom men hide their faces, given the last word in all these threads though I expected more vigorous opposition. I wasn’t trying to push others away, they just gradually left.

Anyway I certainly have a larger agenda, which in part is fulfilling the fervent prayer of Christians that God establish His Kingdom on Earth. In order to build Heaven on Earth we have to think about and understand what the angels are like, and how and why men are falling short of these standards. I’d have expected any keen Christian to want this too.